Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No 15 (27/3/09).

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Lamp posts now standing erect along south side of extended Village Way.
They are putting the cables in today.
Footpath ready for tarmac.
More excavating.
Strange soil shapes all over the site presumably to mark out where things are going.

Attachments

• DSC02259.JPG
    DSC02259.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 673
  • DSC02260.JPG
    DSC02260.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 671
  • DSC02261.JPG
    DSC02261.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 673
  • DSC02262.JPG
    DSC02262.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 672
  • DSC02267.JPG
    DSC02267.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 673

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for the pix.:thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is the only positive thing about BHAFC at present - beautiful and thank you Mr Straw

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
They REALLY need to move the sign that says THE FUTURE HOME OF BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION. Either so it can be seen from A27 as you drive past (on the big mound where the 2 Buckingham signs are) or so it is visible when you drive down Village Way

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nice one - always grateful for these pics.

Forgive my stupidity but I can't remember: basically what have they done with that road? Is the plan simply for it to be much wider than the old one so they can not only move diggers etc down it, plus improve road access to the stadium complex once it's all built?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I see they have got the dressing rooms in already.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Forgive my stupidity but I can't remember: basically what have they done with that road? Is the plan simply for it to be much wider than the old one so they can not only move diggers etc down it, plus improve road access to the stadium complex once it's all built?

They have widened it, and improved the pavement I believe. The coach park is adjacent to the road (in the big dip on the 3rd picture), so the road needs to be a lot better than it was before!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

The road looks a similar size, but there is now what looks like path ways either side to walk along.

Great pictures. Thanks again Jack!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The road looks a similar size, but there is now what looks like path ways either side to walk along.

Great pictures. Thanks again Jack!!

I think those "path ways" are going to be the new lanes :lolol:
Look at picture one, it's wide enough for a car.
I could be wrong though.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I went past there for the first time today, as I was at the university I thought it'd be rude not to have a butchers!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They REALLY need to move the sign that says THE FUTURE HOME OF BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION. Either so it can be seen from A27 as you drive past (on the big mound where the 2 Buckingham signs are) or so it is visible when you drive down Village Way

I agree on the rare trip to Lewes in the car, I want signs and pictures exlaimimg 'This is Falmer or Community Stadium, everyone fill ya boots'. The train station also needs a sign to give any commuters that need it a cheap (er 60million quid) thrill.

And er yes those polls are looking very erect....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here