Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Falmer Video Watch EXTRA The Arch Dec 11th 2009

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sorry for the delay, especially for those who have had to set off for tonight's game already, but I’m afraid this film has taken all afternoon to load onto youtube because it is longer than usual. Hopefully it will be worth the wait,

Fortunately the mist lifted this morning in time for the first section of the arch to be lifted into place. The clearer air enables you to see see the incredible precision of the guys up at the site as they lifted this huge piece into place, so slowly.

I'm off down the pub, then on to see a rare resounding home win!

[yt]Nhi13E3S2EE[/yt]

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Archtastic Barry.

"Oh, it's up" :lolol:

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,m going to be bloody late now.............!!!

PS: Worth it though

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Great Video

but am I the only one who was waiting for a Mary Rose moment when one of the chains holding it up snaps?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Amazing! You guys even have a little table and a laptop! This time next year you'll probably have a gazebo and a portaloo!

Also and i'm not sure if this is a compliment but Jack Straw in this picture looks a little bit like the evil man from Eastenders/Gavin's dad in Gavin and Stacy or perhaps i'm mental?

Attachments

• js.jpg
    js.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 536

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
spectacular video , thanks.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Guys.

:clap::clap::clap:

Erections - lads aren't they just GREAT!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Amazing! You guys even have a little table and a laptop!

That's not theirs. It's John Catts lawyer doing a noise assessment to see if he can have the building stopped!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Quality stuff , never has so much been moved so slowly by so few and will be enjoyed by so many in years to come

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can't we get a crane that moves a bit faster? Jeeee-zus!! We could have the other two bits done and dusted in an hour!!!

:jester:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Amazing. Thanks.

Did you notice a number of people walking what looked to be right underneath the arch as it was being lifted/moved. Amazed with all this health and safety nonsense these days, that is allowed/risked by them?!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:bounce: for the benefit of those who may have missed this because it got posted so late on Friday night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here