Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Absolutely terrible first half with everyone around agreeing. Steadied himself second. Neat and tidy but a couple of poor crosses going forward. Still don't see what exceptional qualities he has to enable him to be a top half EPL player.
Pundits on TNT praised Hinshelwood’s crossing on more than one occasion.

Beckham pretty much made a career out of exceptional crossing whilst being average at everything else (including free kicks).

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Saka was all over him in the first 15 minutes but I actually thought he showed a lot of strength and intelligence to get to grips with him by around the 20 minute mark. It certainly wasn't a case of things only changing after the red card in the second half. Jack had Saka under control (as much as a top player can be controlled) long before that at 11v11.
Think he was told to get a lot closer to him, which he did. Also Mitoma came back to help him out more after the first 15 minutes.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Absolutely terrible first half with everyone around agreeing. Steadied himself second. Neat and tidy but a couple of poor crosses going forward. Still don't see what exceptional qualities he has to enable him to be a top half EPL player.
Shaky start for Jack in the first 15 mins as with a few players. Arsenal targeted our left to try and get Saka 1v1 against Jack. Just like Brighton were trying to achieve with Mitoma and White in the second half. Mitoma skinned White probably three times.

Jack settled into the match and had a great game considering being out of position and lack of experience.

Give the lad some credit ffs. If he was awful and a liability the gaffer would take him off. You even saw FH trying to settle him around 20 mins during an injury break in the game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Feel sorry for Jack, in a footballing sense.
He‘s not a left back and may not be overjoyed at getting pats on the head for doing his best in an unfamiliar role.
Hopefully he will very soon get a chance in a position that plays to his strengths. only then is it fair to judge him.
Kind of, but I’m sure he’s just pleased to be doing so well at a young age.
Ultimately, you can’t buy the experience he’s getting, and continues to do very well IMO.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I can't believe anyone is criticising him. Obviously, he's not a left back and he won't play there too many times in the future as we have Perv, Ferdi and (from next year) Barco. Hinsh is a young player who performed very well in his debut season and now is being asked to do a job for the team. Of course, he struggled against one of the best wingers in the league/world. After he shaky start he did alright though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Pundits on TNT praised Hinshelwood’s crossing on more than one occasion.

Beckham pretty much made a career out of exceptional crossing whilst being average at everything else (including free kicks).
Yep, totally average at free kicks. He "only" scored SIXTY-FIVE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240831-192606.png
    Screenshot_20240831-192606.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 36

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
In all honesty I’ve said it before but I’m not sure where his position actually ‘is’ - he reads the game very well and is versatile but if most players are fit does he play and if so where ?

As a youngster I kind of feel like he needs to nail down a position and master it

I’m actually more than happy with having a utility player who will fit in where he’s needed without making a fuss about it. Those players are worth their weight in gold to a manager. They tend to get minutes as well, very few teams go through a season without positions becoming problematic at some stage.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
The first 30 mins Jack had no assistance from anyone, everyone knows the biggest strength Arsenal have is down the right side with Saka, White and Odegaard, once he had some help from Baleba and Mitoma it wasn't such a problem, the lad is 19 playing out of position against one of the best right wingers in the country, give the lad a break. He is one of our own and has a great future get behind him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

What is wrong with you? He's only 19 and he was helping out the team out of position against one of the best wingers in the division.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What is wrong with you? He's only 19 and he was helping out the team out of position against one of the best wingers in the division.
He can still be critiqued. He's a footballer on a lot of money. Pointless having this message board if all we do is suck up to the players

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He can still be critiqued. He's a footballer on a lot of money. Pointless having this message board if all we do is suck up to the players
Except you've posted on this thread more than twice as many times as anyone else. You're also banging on about it on other threads now too. There's critiquing and then there's this strange belligerent obsession.

We get it, you don't rate Hinshelwood. We heard you the first time, we still hear you the hundredth time.

Every time it's a notification "Dwayne commented on the thread Jack Hinshelwood", you know it will be the same cyclical bollocks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's a difference between sucking up to them and supporting them, you insufferable bellend.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Yep, totally average at free kicks. He "only" scored SIXTY-FIVE
I was going to say, he was brilliant at free kicks. One game (v Southampton?), I remember they tried defending one of his free kicks by not making a wall at all, they seemed to have no effect. Tried in vain, I should obviously add.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here