Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Veltman’s a brilliant defender who’s produced the goods for clubs and country for an age. So clever. Our best top flight RB this time around by a country mile.
In the home program after we beat Spurs 1-0 at WHL there was an interview with Veltman...he spoke about how they approached defending against Son...as he is so fast and faster than any Albion defender. It was enlightening and intelligent but crucially it worked. I have never heard a defender talk like this before, or since. This sealed my man-love for him.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
In the home program after we beat Spurs 1-0 at WHL there was an interview with Veltman...he spoke about how they approached defending against Son...as he is so fast and faster than any Albion defender. It was enlightening and intelligent but crucially it worked. I have never heard a defender talk like this before, or since. This sealed my man-love for him.
Have you got the interview on hand? Would be interested in reading it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll see if I can find the program. We’ve moved since the game so my programs are in a box somewhere snd not freely accessible.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I’ll see if I can find the program. We’ve moved since the game so my programs are in a box somewhere snd not freely accessible.

Is this it? (In the programme against Man Utd on May 7 2022).

Veltman.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this it? (In the programme against Man Utd on May 7 2022).

View attachment 180305
Yes. This is it. Thank you. It's not often we see such acknowledgment of the way an opponent plays and also how to deal with them. I guess it's not really rocket science but given he has got the better of a number of players like Son and Grealish it's clear how smart (and also professional) he is.

Intelligent players like him and, say Gross, are an absolute joy to watch live. I say live as a lot of their work gets missed by tv camaras following the ball.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Massive show of faith in Jack today.
Gets picked in an unfamiliar position ahead of an Argentina international (and decent young player himself).
He could be key this season and long term be the one to replace Dunk as club talisman.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Gets picked in an unfamiliar position ahead of an Argentina international (and decent young player himself).
He could be key this season and long term be the one to replace Dunk as club talisman.
Can’t really fault the manager today obviously as we won 3-0. But I would have liked to of seen Barco come on for Milner and Hinsh get a go in the middle

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can’t really fault the manager today obviously as we won 3-0. But I would have liked to of seen Barco come on for Milner and Hinsh get a go in the middle
Barco got plenty of minutes in pre-season.

I think he was being protected from a hammering by the likes of Calvin-Lewin and Doucouré but I think he’ll be back, probably next week. Twitter rumours of a slight injury, knock or illness can’t be ruled out either.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Calling Barco an Argentinian international is a bit like calling Zaha a England player

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Jack never stopped chasing and whilst LB is not his position, he did ok and better than that when he had more space after the sending off.
Think it was probably wise not to play Barco against the Hoofers/ Everton.
Another thing when we play Manure.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Harrison was getting cross after cross after cross in. Luckily Harrison's delivery more often than not was shite.

Can't play Hinshelwood at left back in future. Hopefully lesson learnt.

Cantor/Aspinall highlighted the same, THE achilles heel.

Needs to be a LB from now on.

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
Jack didn’t win a single duel at LB. If today was a show of faith, he blew his chance. Looked good going forward with Kaoru but defensively we were worse off than having nobody playing there, at least then Dunky would’ve covered.

More likely, Twitter is right and Barco had a knock, in which case I’m still glad we went with Jack over Milner slotting in there. Milly had one of his better games for us I thought, so I’m glad he wasn’t pushed to makeshift fullback

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Jack didn’t win a single duel at LB. If today was a show of faith, he blew his chance. Looked good going forward with Kaoru but defensively we were worse off than having nobody playing there, at least then Dunky would’ve covered.

More likely, Twitter is right and Barco had a knock, in which case I’m still glad we went with Jack over Milner slotting in there. Milly had one of his better games for us I thought, so I’m glad he wasn’t pushed to makeshift fullback
He's not a left back and he was playing against a decent winger and was exposed a very difficult task IMO and if that was a test then it's not particularly fair.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Wasn't his best game yesterday but our tactics clearly left that switch to Harrison on every time. Most full backs would have suffered being 1v1 that often. He also can't be properly match fit.

He'll be fine for us at left back when we need him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here