Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IWELUMO SCORES AGAIN - and we need a target man!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
See Chris Iwelumo scored his 11th of the season for Colchester today. Offered to us before the start of this season after leaving German football and McGhee said he was not good enough to return (Turienzo, McCammon anyone?).....

I thought he strick up a useful partnership with Knight when he was with us and caused defences problems (even though he was not brilliant in the air).

Did we make a mistake?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As it stands right now-probably. If we had somebody who could have scored 5 or 6 in earlier games we'd be well clear of trouble.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Iwelumo is a slow lummox playing at a level that is vastly inferior to this division. He would be useless to us now

1066gull

If this is true, than I feel sick.

Someone address this to HArty on SCR.

Say 1066 told you. Im to shy.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
1066Seagull said:

Hands up who wants to be the mouthpiece for a shy muppet...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
why the f*** would we want that sack of shit - so he could f*** of to another unheard of continental side without a bye or leave?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
will always be a legend for winning that pen in the play off final :bowdown:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
1066Seagull said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Everything this guy says is a stitch. Definitely worthy of the title of the new Kev.

GUNTER said:
See Chris Iwelumo scored his 11th of the season for Colchester today. Offered to us before the start of this season after leaving German football and McGhee said he was not good enough to return (Turienzo, McCammon anyone?).....

I thought he strick up a useful partnership with Knight when he was with us and caused defences problems (even though he was not brilliant in the air).

Did we make a mistake?

Iwelumo got 4 for us in the same season that McPhee got nine :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
the wanderbus said:
why the f*** would we want that sack of shit - so he could f*** of to another unheard of continental side without a bye or leave?

Not exactly the way I would have worded it but I agree with the subject matter wholeheartedly. :D

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
will always be a legend for winning that pen in the play off final :bowdown:

only the really good thing when he was with us, falling over

Stumpy Tim

Scoring goals for Colchester doesn't mean he would score in our division. I happen to think Trolley isn't the answer either. We need a proven scorer, but where's that going to come from? There's no one who fits the bill that is both affordable and available

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Seems a mistake not to have signed him when we first had the chance, worked well with Knight.

How do you sign a player who has been offered a contract but doesn't turn up after the holiday?
Then turns up in Germany?

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Yorkie said:
How do you sign a player who has been offered a contract but doesn't turn up after the holiday?
Then turns up in Germany?

He was offered. Didn't sign. In effect a free agent, and allowed to move to another club.

I don't see the problem.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was answering Repugnant Toad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here