Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iwelumo on new contract PLUS TALKING CHRIS!!

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
http://veepers.budlight.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=zgITB52T2bgMESslMrMkvG

Iwelumo: I would Be Delighted To Stay

By Tim Dudding

Chris Iwleumo today revealed that he has spoken to Mark McGhee about his future at the Albion, and says that he would be delighted to be playing for the Seagulls next season.

McGhee has spoken to the former Stoke striker told him that he wants him wearing the Albion shirt next year, regardless of whether the team achieves promotion through the Play Off Final on Sunday.

“I would be delighted to stay,” said Iwelumo in an interview for Seagulls World. “The Gaffer has pulled me to one side, and both he and the Chairman want me to stay here in the First or Second Division, so it’s great that’s he’s told me that and it’s taken a bit of pressure off me.

“Hopefully everything will get sorted. After the game on Sunday, I’ll be in the Dominican Republic, and hopefully I’ll be getting that phone call telling me I just have to come back and sign! I would be delighted.”

Iwelumo: Hoping to stay
Iwelumo is the only Albion squad member to have experience playing at the Millennium Stadium, when he was a member off the Stoke side that beat Brentford to gain promotion to Division One two years ago. He admits however that he has found it hard to describe the experience to the other Albion players.

“A few of the lads have asked me, but it’s one of those things that you just can’t describe.

“Even when it was empty it was overwhleming, and I remember the feelings that I had in my stomach – I was calling my family and friends to tell them how I felt.

“For the first ten minutes of the game your head is in the clouds and you just have to try and focus on what you’re doing, but it’s very hard with the atmosphere around you.”

You can watch the interview with Chris Iwelumo on today’s edition of Seagulls World, plus Mark McGhee talks about preparing for the big game on Sunday.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Not seen anything to show he can cut it in Div 1 - to be honest even in Div 2 he is fairly limited.

I would not sign him for Div 1 - especially as we would have to pay Stoke for him if he stays.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Only seen him play a couple of times, and it has to be said they were games where we appeared to be playing for a draw, and I wouldn't sign him as a first choice striker.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's worth signing. In division 2, expect him to fire us to mid table obscurity next year, but if we are in division one I suspect McGhee will be after reinforcements...

I'm glad he WANTS to stay. He'd be a useful squad player in Div 1 but if he's our 1st choice then things could get "challenging". Hope he proves me wrong though. The devil is in the detail, what are we getting him for, what are we paying him, etc, only with those details can we say whether it's a good deal for us.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Not seen anything to show he can cut it in Div 1 - to be honest even in Div 2 he is fairly limited.

I would not sign him for Div 1 - especially as we would have to pay Stoke for him if he stays.

Why would we have to pay Stokieshire anything for him? He no longer has a contract with them, he would have been out of contract in the summer and they would not have been offering him a new contract.

Remember he is not on loan we took over the remainder of his Stokieshire contract and he is now out of contract with us in the summer.

From what I saw of him on the TV the otherday I think there must be better than him out there for the money, impressed I was not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here