Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've never done that in a football stadium before...

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I went to Wembley his afternoon and thought, 'That's the first time I've used an escalator in a football stadium', blue-lit from below, very swish.

Makes me want to ask the more-travelled supporters on here what they think to be the oddest/most incongruous things found in stadia the world over?

I'll add that all the staff, security, police were genial and smiling with no hint of aggression, a novelty compared with most league 1 grounds, I have to say.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bayer Leverkusen Away - They had them heater things that they have outside of pubs for the Smokers, on the roof of the ground. So even though it was PISSING down with rain, we were all really, really warm. Infact I wish I would have taken a beachball.

Sporting Braga Away - This ground only had 2 sides, and no ends, infact one end was a rock. :eek:, pretty unbelivable really.

St James Park - I got a lift up to the Away End, but I do think they had escalators too. (Newcastles ground, not Exeters)

Stamford Bridge - Cant be a good old greyhound.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've sat down in an Italian restaurant while watching a game (Wexford Youths). Due to ground redevelopment at the time; having a meal was the only way you got to sit down during the game if you wanted to - I just wanted my dinner though!

D

Deleted User X18H

I have never done that in a football stadium before .......what seen Brighton and Hove Albion win!!!!:lol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Went to Coventry a couple of seasons ago as a corporate guest, had to wear a suit for the occasion, that felt bloody wierd...was trying to sell my last house at the time and spent most of the match on my mobile phone talking to an estate agent, at least it was a distraction from the football.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I drove round under the Emirates in my lorry. Not done that anywhere else.

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Bayer Leverkusen Away - They had them heater things that they have outside of pubs for the Smokers, on the roof of the ground. So even though it was PISSING down with rain, we were all really, really warm. Infact I wish I would have taken a beachball.

Sporting Braga Away - This ground only had 2 sides, and no ends, infact one end was a rock. :eek:, pretty unbelivable really.

St James Park - I got a lift up to the Away End, but I do think they had escalators too. (Newcastles ground, not Exeters)

Stamford Bridge - Cant be a good old greyhound.

Poland away - pelted with missles for 90 minutes

Italy away - slashed on the arse by some bastard on a moped

Luxembug away - looted shops and nicked some lovely lacoste jacket (which I still have)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Poland away - pelted with missles for 90 minutes

Italy away - slashed on the arse by some bastard on a moped

Luxembug away - looted shops and nicked some lovely lacoste jacket (which I still have)

Though I am guessing the last two were outside the stadium so do not count for this thread.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
glad you enjoyed Wembley...I was hoping to go next week.

It was an experience, I'll say that much. Perhaps as there was nothing at stake, perhaps due to the very fact that they have escalators, I felt it all too corporate-y (you're not allowed at any point to forget that Nationwide sponsor the team) and a bit souless. Seeing Rooney and Gerrard was a real treat though - they stand out above the rest of the team.

However, if we'd got to the JPT Final it would have been a superb superb time....:angry:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Too corporate? What DO you mean?!

ap1q.jpg

ap2h.jpg

ap3t.jpg

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I went to Wembley his afternoon and thought, 'That's the first time I've used an escalator in a football stadium', blue-lit from below, very swish.

Makes me want to ask the more-travelled supporters on here what they think to be the oddest/most incongruous things found in stadia the world over?

I'll add that all the staff, security, police were genial and smiling with no hint of aggression, a novelty compared with most league 1 grounds, I have to say.

Trophy cabinet at Selhurst Park?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here