Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ive made a cock up, now what to do about it????????

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My uncle has been arranging for him and us nephews (5 in total) to go up to London to gaucho steak house at London bridge.

It's all on him, all I need is beer money, its been in the pipeline for months and I was told in august it would be in October.

Turns out its next Saturday, not a problem

BUT

My ipswich away ticket was delivered on Tuesday for the game on Saturday!!!!!!!!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What do I do?????????

Should be a no brainer shouldn't it, but I've been really looking forward to going to this steakhouse.

Do I let down the family or try and sell my ticket on?????????

Can you get a refund on tickets??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What time are you eating there as you could be back by 7 in the evening ?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Table booked for 13.30 pm.

Don't normally struggle to make a decision, love the Albion, love the family, we always have a great laugh and get hammered together.

Just a tough call for me.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Very tricky this one,two of the finest things in life being a good steak and brighton hove albion,can't make the decision for you so in the words of big brother,YOU DECIDE!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A result on Saturday would be a point as Ipswich look very good at the moment.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Sorry how exactly is this "your cock up"? You had no idea when the meal was being arranged for, so you have to put your life on hold for the whole of October? Just explain the problem and you either miss the meal or he re-arranges the date.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Steakhouse or watch Albion turn over the Tractor boys? silly question. Proper JCL

That's rich coming from someone who joined a month before me, I'm not a regular poster, doesn't mean I'm not on here every day. I've been going to games for years, never been interested in forums before, just somethings come up and you don't know what the circumstances are and why its a tough decision.

I'm off, don't have to justify myself to you.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Not much of an uncle if he isn't getting the beers as well, or do you five nephews drink like scousers on Giro day?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Expensive restaurant paid for, train travel paid for, I've never heard drink like a scouser on giro day before but its fair to say that's a fair description of what we're about.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Hmmm, you've got a meaty decision to make there - you're on the horns of a dilemma and the steaks could not be higher.

Don't make a decision on the hoof and, whatever you choose, don't beef about it later. (continued P94)

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
My view:

The Albion will always be there. Some of your family might not be.
There are another shed-load of away matches. Special family occasions
only happen now and again.

While I hate to sound a traitor - I would go to the steak house. Might
be painful knowing you could be at Ipswich - but just remind yourself of
those first two facts.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Where's the poll?!? Anyway, I'd go to the steakhouse, many more albion games and we'll probably lose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here