Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've lost track...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Exactly this. But [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] has pointed out the shockingness of my memory in that Watford got to go first.

Fair enough, it just seems you have started a few threads on this topic giving the impression that you are somewhat put out by the complaints of homophobia. Granted, if the complaints are about some of the chants and not relating to more vitriolic abuse on an individual level (I asked at the time this was a big debate on here but no one could confirm what the complaints were relating to beyond 'homophobic abuse'), then some people are being very thin skinned, but it does tend to flavour any thread you start on the subject with a taste of "how ridiculous of people to complain about homophobia".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
any thread you start on the subject with a taste of "how ridiculous of people to complain about homophobia".

I'd be interested for you to highlight any such post where I've either trivialised such things or mocked those that do complain.

I can't remember expressing any personal views on the subject on here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd be interested for you to highlight any such post where I've either trivialised such things or mocked those that do complain.

I can't remember expressing any personal views on the subject on here.

I guess it's mainly this one
Important: Reporting homophobic chanting
A thread in which you seem to be telling people not to bother reporting homophobic abuse because it's too much work for the club or too costly, or they might get in trouble. I don't know if that was NSC's opinion, your own, but Insider seemed to suggest the club want people to report any homophobic abuse (but want them to report it to the club, not the media, suggesting your post here wasn't about the club's opinion).

There was another thread about cliche chants which came out at a time when some people were suggesting the 'does your boyfriend know youre here' chant was cliche, and so close to the main discussion I probably have read too much into it.

I don't mean you deliberately trivialising homophobic abuse, but that it came across to me as if you (like a lot of others did at the time) thought people who were complaining were complaining about the 'we can see you holding hands' type of chanting, which obviously isn't homophobic, and making jokes/light hearted comments about the idea of those chants as being homophobic (I would say like this thread does, with the different ways of representing the songs put forward), it comes across to me like mocking the idea of those chants as homophobic abuse without acknowledgement of the chance of some idiot in the away end hurling more personal abuse on an individual level, creates an environment making people think "if I report it will people understand it's that guy being vile, not those cliche chants. Will I even have the support of our fans?"

Of course, it's probably just a case of me reading too much into it, and if you feel I have besmirched your character, I apologise. That was not my intent.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess it's mainly this one
Important: Reporting homophobic chanting
A thread in which you seem to be telling people not to bother reporting homophobic abuse because it's too much work for the club or too costly, or they might get in trouble. I don't know if that was NSC's opinion, your own, but Insider seemed to suggest the club want people to report any homophobic abuse (but want them to report it to the club, not the media, suggesting your post here wasn't about the club's opinion).

Of course, it's probably just a case of me reading too much into it, and if you feel I have besmirched your character, I apologise. That was not my intent.

That post was hastily written and posted - I could have done better for sure. I didn't follow it up in any great depth as Insider largely tidied up my loose ends.

I realised I should have spent more time on that post when the usual suspects seized upon it and used it as (yet another) opportunity to lay the boot into me and NSC. Oh well.

My point was, for the sake of dragging it all up again, that an orchestrated "Let's complain about everything to the FA and the media and anyone at all who might possibly listen and show them for accusing us of racially abusing Craig Bellamy" was not, in my opinion, the correct approach.

As I say, I've intentionally not put out my own personal views around all of this.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Anyone remember the one legged guy screaming homophobic abuse outside the ground last season?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will they be confirming that they can quite clearly identify the fact that many of you will be maintaining physical contact with the hands of your male partners throughout the game?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely "I'd rather shag my boyfriend than my Mum" would be a more appropriate riposte for you chaps tomorrow to any astoundingly original efforts from our Hampshire friends.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Assuming Saints fans do chant "we can see you holding hands" to Brighton fans, If Brighton fans retort with "you're too ugly to be gay" I shall be reporting Brighton for homophobic/ biphobic/ transphobic/ lesbophobic chanting.

Of course I am joking, that would be gay. Oops! Shit!:facepalm::ban:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here