Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've lost track...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...is tomorrow our first away game since gay-gate?

Do Saints fans have the first opportunity to not enquire as to whether our male partner knows of our whereabouts?

Can they be the first supporters to not make a song and dance of the fact that we like to hold hands at football?

Will they be polite enough to not question whether or not we like it up the old back passage?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If we were to score one goal and they were to subsequently score three goals how would they consider we take it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm still trying to work out why you would want to sing when you're rimming.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Will they be reminding inhabitants of Brighton about a plague of meatballs and gravy on our streets?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
They might infer that our gardens are at a slight incline.

Police want Saints fans' help to beat homophobic chanting at St. Mary's From Daily Echo)

Police want Saints fans' help to beat homophobic chanting at St. Mary's

2:30pm Thursday 17th November 2011
By Simon Walter »Senior Sports Reporter

SAINTS fans have been challenged to help prevent the homophobic abuse of Brighton fans on Saturday.

Seagulls supporters are often subjected to homophobic chants at away grounds across the country because of the town’s reputation as the UK’s unofficial gay capital.

Supt Rick Burrows, Silver Commander of Hampshire Police’s Football Unit, does not want to hear any at St Mary’s on Saturday.

Speaking at a recent Football Supporters Federation forum, he said: “If it breaches criminal law we will jump on it.

“We need eyes and ears in the crowd and we need supporters to feel confident about challenging it by telling the stewards or the police.

“We will do the rest. If it’s large crowds chanting we’ll put something over on the tannoy and deploy evidence gatherers and then proactively respond.

“What I think needs to happen is that fans need to feel confident to challenge that sort of behaviour.

Stewards need to actively listen and I think police need to actively listen.”

Brighton fans complained about homophobic chants made at St Mary’s during last season’s goalless draw between the sides.

“Whilst Police and stewards were both briefed about the possibility of homophobic chanting, there were no reports during the fixture,” said Supt Burrows.

“It was only after the match that we were contacted from some members of the public, and it became clear that there had been some hate-based chanting.

“That it had not been picked up by stewards or police concerns us.

Are we actively listening? We should be.

“We want the fans, the clubs the players and the police to challenge all forms of bigotry.

“Hate crime figures from the Home Office still focus on race which really surprises me.

“Racism still being up there as the main percentage is perhaps unrepresentative as to what’s happening with homophobic or other chanting.”

A batty idea, I know ... But, apart from me, will there be any other Albion fans at the game with a mum called Nancy?

We could meet up and form a little group. If anyone can think of a name, I'm sure we could make our presence felt at the game. We could even sing a song, when the Albion take the lead.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Surely they can call us a load of child-molesting sexual deviants and we can call them a load of incest-bred, six-fingered mutants and then we can all shake hands afterwards?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
On a completely different tack, are we also likely to respond in like minded retaliation and suggest that their aesthetically unpleasing facial features would in no way ingratiate them to a relationship with an individual of the same sex?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Surely they can call us a load of child-molesting sexual deviants and we can call them a load of incest-bred, six-fingered mutants and then we can all shake hands afterwards?

I wouldn't want my man having six fingers, my cock would feel even smaller!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, is this intended to mock people for taking offence at prejudice? Isn't gus getting in to trouble for something similar...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
...is tomorrow our first away game since gay-gate?

Do Saints fans have the first opportunity to not enquire as to whether our male partner knows of our whereabouts?

Can they be the first supporters to not make a song and dance of the fact that we like to hold hands at football?

Will they be polite enough to not question whether or not we like it up the old back passage?

No Watford was and I believe one of their naughty hoodlums got slung out for inquiring on our favourite way of extracting a yeast extract based spread from the ground.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I don't think was the intention Acker79. I believe Bozza was simply asking if the Saints fans are going to behaeve themselves on Saturday. I think we all know thats not going to happen.

No-one is suggesting that we are mocking people for taking offence at prejudice. There is, however, in my most humblest opinion, a difference between "banter" and "hate". Something that a lot of people, myself included, find difficult to differentiate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A batty idea, I know ... But, apart from me, will there be any other Albion fans at the game with a mum called Nancy?

We could meet up and form a little group. If anyone can think of a name, I'm sure we could make our presence felt at the game. We could even sing a song, when the Albion take the lead.

??? My late mother in law was called Nancie.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think was the intention Acker79. I believe Bozza was simply asking if the Saints fans are going to behaeve themselves on Saturday.

Exactly this. But [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] has pointed out the shockingness of my memory in that Watford got to go first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here