Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just had an epiphany....I don't think I really CARE any more

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
...very nice it was too, bit of greek salad on the side.

But after that, I realised - I just don't really CARE about England so much any more. Previous World Cup exits have hit me hard. I've felt devastated, gutted beyond belief and its taken DAYS to wear off. The party is only just getting started, and once again, we've shuffled off out of the door to a pre-ordered cab just as things were getting interesting.

And today, we did our usual, in time-honoured fashion. We went out by being piss-poor (but with a lovely BIG excuse to cling to), and at the end I felt.....very little. And I think I know why.

At 11.45 today, I was stood at Village Way, gazing in awe at some graceful, gleaming white arches. It filled me with such a feeling of pride and hope, that nothing could detract from it. Not even another England exit from a major tournament. It put EVERYTHING into a new perspective. So tonight, I'll watch the England highlights and the analysis with a feeling of mild regret but also a feeling of detachment. Kind of like a 6 year old watching a snail with a cracked shell on a pavement going through its dried-up, dying throes. Its shell shattered, its future doomed. I'll feel a moment of sorrow, but then I'll move on quickly, because I know there's a far brighter, more interesting future for something I REALLY care about.

I appreciate I've joined the party late here, and many people had already lost that feeling for England long ago, and for very valid reasons, many perhaps the same as my own. I WILL still watch and support England, and hope they do well. But today, it just doesn't seem to matter so much, and I dunno if thats a good thing or not to be honest. I thought I'd be GUTTED right now...but really, I'm not.

The rest of the tournament ? Pfff. Not bothered with that either.

Roll on Swindon.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Totally agree Sir. Overwhelming feeling amongst mates in the pub was "Oh bollox, still at least the footy season starts soon"

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I feel the same. But am sickened about the fact I have given up on England football team. They don't care, so I don't care.

Brighton and Hove Albion is the only team whom I love.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
...very nice it was too, bit of greek salad on the side.

But after that, I realised - I just don't really CARE about England so much any more. Previous World Cup exits have hit me hard. I've felt devastated, gutted beyond belief and its taken DAYS to wear off. The party is only just getting started, and once again, we've shuffled off out of the door to a pre-ordered cab just as things were getting interesting.

And today, we did our usual, in time-honoured fashion. We went out by being piss-poor (but with a lovely BIG excuse to cling to), and at the end I felt.....very little. And I think I know why.

At 11.45 today, I was stood at Village Way, gazing in awe at some graceful, gleaming white arches. It filled me with such a feeling of pride and hope, that nothing could detract from it. Not even another England exit from a major tournament. It put EVERYTHING into a new perspective. So tonight, I'll watch the England highlights and the analysis with a feeling of mild regret but also a feeling of detachment. Kind of like a 6 year old watching a snail with a cracked shell on a pavement going through its dried-up, dying throes. Its shell shattered, its future doomed. I'll feel a moment of sorrow, but then I'll move on quickly, because I know there's a far brighter, more interesting future for something I REALLY care about.

I appreciate I've joined the party late here, and many people had already lost that feeling for England long ago, and for very valid reasons, many perhaps the same as my own. I WILL still watch and support England, and hope they do well. But today, it just doesn't seem to matter so much, and I dunno if thats a good thing or not to be honest. I thought I'd be GUTTED right now...but really, I'm not.

The rest of the tournament ? Pfff. Not bothered with that either.

Roll on Swindon.

Thats because we are on the up:albion2: so get on to my thread and forget the world cup crap

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're just getting old, Easy. Let Withdean Wanderer and the likes do their silly player ratings and "national disgrace" type posts, and you just kick back in the ultimate realisation that it's just a game, played by overrated English players.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I think there is a growing apathy toward the England team. I for one lost interest about 3 years ago and although disappointed I certainly am not gutted about todays exit. I think I always expect it now.
It just makes me love the Albion more and more, roll on the new season and new signings! I love you Gus!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was going to post something not dis-similar to Easy.

Not that I stalked him around Village Way at 11.45 - no, I was naked sunbathing in my garden at that time.

But my point is I didn't wind myself up for the game, and as such my disappointment and let-down doesn't hit so high on the Richter scale. We were outplayed by and lost to the better team and as such... wait for it... football is the winner.

I have Brighton & Hove Albion, I have northern soul, I have the rest of the summer to ignore everything else. So f*** 'em.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm with you all the way Easy. I'm binning the England car sunscreens, flags, etc. The t-shirts are going back in the cupboard for 2 years (maybe more?). We've really stuck with this side for 6 years and they're at the end of the road, so no real pain or sorrow - just a feeling of being short-changed.

This won't do the Prem viewing figures much good. Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Terry can all go f*** themselves, hopefully Spurs and Harry can fly the flag of hope for the future of English football.

There IS a decent England team in the wings, but we need the right manager. O'Neill could be the man to take them on - I think he's worthy of consideration.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps we should introduce a rule of only five non English players in the Premiersh1te

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10;3572092 I just don't really CARE about England so much any more. [/QUOTE said:
Don't blame you!

United, Liverpool fans, etc etc won't give a toss and their player actually played (or should I say, turned up today) All they will care about is how their respective team perform next season!

The Majority of people on this site actually go to football games! Bring on next season! I have forgotten England already (as I type this in my England Shirt!)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not surprising to find some like-minded chaps this afternoon.

One part of me is really gutted today. Not that England have gone out, but that I don't really CARE they've gone out - and that has come as a genuine surprise to me. Honestly it has. I suppose it has to be put down to a gradual erosion of my respect for the players who wear the shirt these days and who are out there to apparently "represent" us. I've put to the back of my mind the overhyping, the money, the diamond earrings at press conferences, the usual soundbites, because underneath it all, after all is said and done, I've hoped that one day they could perhaps just have the ability to make me proud. And once again, they've proved they can't.

I WANT to love the England team, but I just can't any more. Something that used to bring me such pride and excitement has died now. I'm not sad we've gone out - I'm sad that I'm not sad.

(if that makes any sense whatsoever)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You're just getting old, Easy. Let Withdean Wanderer and the likes do their silly player ratings and "national disgrace" type posts, and you just kick back in the ultimate realisation that it's just a game, played by overrated English players.

Four words for you.

f*** off you prick.

On a football forum you expect football discussion. Live with it or piss off and do something else with your Sunday evening.

Not no, you feel the need to drag me into your pointless post for no reason other than getting gratification from the possibility of getting quoted with a clapping smiley from one of the other retarded goons on here who gets on my back unjustifiably.

I haven't even said we're a national disgrace. I've said it's quite predictable but quite frustrating, which I don't think is out of turn. I've also made a big point of the press bigging them up and then knocking it down being a major problem with this country. Which actually isn't entirely different from the point you're making.

So in short then: you're a twat.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Four words for you.

f*** off you prick.

On a football forum you expect football discussion. Live with it or piss off and do something else with your Sunday evening.

Not no, you feel the need to drag me into your pointless post for no reason other than getting gratification from the possibility of getting quoted with a clapping smiley from one of the other retarded goons on here who gets on my back unjustifiably.

I haven't even said we're a national disgrace. I've said it's quite predictable but quite frustrating, which I don't think is out of turn. I've also made a big point of the press bigging them up and then knocking it down being a major problem with this country. Which actually isn't entirely different from the point you're making.

Why are you so bothered about what people think of you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Four words for you.

f*** off you prick.

Me, Me look at me

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Me, Me look at me

Yeah, that's right.

post on one thread demanding a new England manager, but still have a pop at me for daring to defend myself against accusations of being sensationalist idiot (which, for once, i haven't been).

Still, I suppose you're in one of the best positions to judge posts that are all about the person writing them, after all you managed to excel yourself in making about 3000 posts crying that you couldn't get a ticket for a football match, even forcing the club into spending money just to introduce a policy that keeps yourself happy.

So yeah, er, thanks for your valid and insightful contribution to this thread. :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here