Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ive just got a tax rebate...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
about 100 spuid.

Was thinking of getting a Mini Disc. Anyone got any 'What to look fors' in regard to the above mentioned item?

Or any better ideas of what I can spend it on?

Please no rubbish about saving for the future!

-Bisc :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought to get a tax rebate you actually had to pay tax in the first place, you tax dodger you. ;) :lol:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I was quite impressed with my recent tax rebate. After having 3 jobs in the last tax year (Amex, Army, Comet) the Inland Revenue actually wrote to me and suggested that they think they might owe me money. I sent a form back to them explaining the dates of my employment, and the amount earnt from each.

A month later, a nice cheque for £750. Bargain.

Unfortunately, I just had to use it to pay off my overdraft. =/

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I got mine about 1-2 weeks ago, I think. It was a pretty quick turnaround too, as I sent the form back in late March (as I wasn't going to be working before the tax year ended on April 5th).

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Why MD? That's like buying floppy disks, all old technology. Get yourself an iPod, or at least some kind of MP3 player.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I got a really nice MP3 player for 100 quid, it's a Phillips one and it holds 128MB (about 4 albums worth)

Also you can transfer files and stuff around on it cos it acts just like a regular removable hard drive. It's really small, too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm glad you reminded me Crumbs because I am writing to Huddersfield right now to get my 2003/04 rebate. :)

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Or get yourself a Gameboy SP

You can then get the multimedia adapter £25 and a 512mb Compact Flash Card £60 and play mp3's, digital video etc and all on your games console.

Very nice indeed.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Don't bother with MP3, the sound quality is rubbish!!!

MiniDisc is tolerable despite being worse sounding than CD, but the big advantage is being able to make up decent "tapes" for the MiniDisc player in the car!! Call me old school, but that's the way I like it!!

:cool:

(And yes, I am a Hi-Fi snob!!)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Curious Orange said:
Don't bother with MP3, the sound quality is rubbish!!!

MiniDisc is tolerable despite being worse sounding than CD, but the big advantage is being able to make up decent "tapes" for the MiniDisc player in the car!! Call me old school, but that's the way I like it!!

:cool:

(And yes, I am a Hi-Fi snob!!)

I've got minidisc too. Can't really tell the difference between that and a CD on a 'normal' hi-fi, and it's great in the car. I put all my favourite tracks on and never use the CD player any more. And then, when I'm bored of a song, delete it and start all over again.

Personally, I find it easier than dodgy downloading from the web and at least from your own CDS the quality is more consistent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have a Sony minidisc and rarely leave home without it - around £100 will buy a good one.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Razi said:
Why MD? That's like buying floppy disks, all old technology. Get yourself an iPod, or at least some kind of MP3 player.

Yeah get one of them Creative Jukebox's. I am thinking about getting one. Just as good as a iPod with 30GB memory for about £249.99.

You miht need to scrounge a bit more money though lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here