The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
edna krabappel said:
Very well, I'll see your Leslie Crowther, and raise you one Lionel Blair

I just remembered the name of the comedy emu guy: Bernie Clifton

:lolol:

I'm afraid I'll have to fold this hand, at the sight of your Lionel Blair.

Starting a new hand, of actual good ones though, I give you a double whammy of Michael Holding and Malcolm Marshall [RIP].

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely Don Bradman would be the ace in my pack, given his legendary status (and also his dead-ness)?

I think I may have Bobby Moore somewhere as well, though I never met him, it must have been given to me.

Moore, Charlton, Hurst and Peters- reckon that's a tasty 1966 themed hand I've got there.

Those are the ones I can remember- I'm going to have to go home and check now to see what else I've got

My early books are full of Albion player signatures I acquired at Junior Seagulls open days, including such legends as Franco Massimo, David Gipp, Robert Isaac and Sean Edwards...happy days!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hiney said:
I'll see Holding & Marshall, and raise you Ron Pickering and Alan Pascoe

I have Pascoe's loads of times on various contract documents. His company Fatsrack, are the promoter of UK Athletics televised events. My company were contracted by them to provide all the timing and photo-finish services for three years.

I can exclusively reveal too, that he makes Norman Baker look like your best mate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
edna krabappel said:
Surely Don Bradman would be the ace in my pack, given his legendary status (and also his dead-ness)?

I think I may have Bobby Moore somewhere as well, though I never met him, it must have been given to me.

Moore, Charlton, Hurst and Peters- reckon that's a tasty 1966 themed hand I've got there.

Those are the ones I can remember- I'm going to have to go home and check now to see what else I've got

My early books are full of Albion player signatures I acquired at Junior Seagulls open days, including such legends as Franco Massimo, David Gipp, Robert Isaac and Sean Edwards...happy days!

I'm guessing that if you met Franco Massimo as a junior seagull, that you didn't actually meet the Don either?

I like to think that they only really count if you got them yourself. [At least you know they are genuine].

I raise everybody a very scrawly, almost unintelligable Brian Johnston. He was very old, and didn't look terribly well. He was sat eating his sandwiches in the Gilligan Stand at Hove, and probably would rather have been concentrating on the cricket, rather than being bothered by some little oik. He was, however, perfectly charming, and I am honoured to have met the man.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, didn't meet the Don, but I'm as sure as I can be that it's genuine. I'd have to check, but I think it was acquired via a contact in the Australian media. It's on the back of a postcard of the MCG.

A mate I used to work with once met David Hasselhoff at Universal Studios in California and got himself a signed photo.

How embarrassing :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
edna krabappel said:
No, didn't meet the Don, but I'm as sure as I can be that it's genuine. I'd have to check, but I think it was acquired via a contact in the Australian media. It's on the back of a postcard of the MCG.

A mate I used to work with once met David Hasselhoff at Universal Studios in California and got himself a signed photo.

How embarrassing :lolol:

You're just cheating now. You know full well that your signed Hoff photo should have been played in the previous [Roger DeCoursey] round. You can't see Brian Johnston for a Hoff. Sake.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am sorry to say that I genuinely don't have a Hoff photo.

Have got a signed photo of myself with Jimmy Tarbuck though :blush:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
edna krabappel said:
I am sorry to say that I genuinely don't have a Hoff photo.

Have got a signed photo of myself with Jimmy Tarbuck though :blush:

My Mum's got one of me with Steve Penney. I was only 12, but I still had to hunch a bit, to get down to his height!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here