Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've Had Enough..

fliddy mcflid

Jul 29, 2006
Fragmented Badger said:
Yes, but that still doesn't answer the question WHY?:lolol:

If your boss made conditions for you so absolutely terrible, you would also state you didn't want to work for him. Now, I'm not saying McGhee or the club have made anything terrible for CKR, but it wouldn't exactly be a tremendous surprise. Until we know WHY CKR suddenly decided he was unhappy and demanded a move, I don't think anyone can dish out some of the criticism I have seen on here this morning. At the moment, all we have are merely OPINIONS, and at the moment mine rests in favour of CKR.

:clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fragmented Badger said:
Ok, I will be honest, I AM shifting the blame onto McGhee without knowing any of the facts. But, that works the other way against about 500 posters on this board who I have just read through comments from SLATING Ckr without knowing any facts too. At least I am basing my opinion on McGhee's PROVEN ability to fall out with players, ship players out, and generally upset the team. I simply suspect that this is MM up to his usual tricks, and that we have lost ANOTHER talented player as a result, leaving behind a squad of Carpenter, Hammond, Mayo, and Butters etc.

What has CKR done (other than in the last 3 weeks, which still remains totally unclear) to deserve this unanimous backlash? Noone knows any facts, so before everyone starts lynching him on here, think WHY does he not want to play for Brighton? WHAT drove him to say that? It may well just be that something, or more probably someone, has done the damage here, and it's not CKR. Anyway, I doubt we will find out as the club won't tell us, so we may as well continue the guessing game.......

Continuing on the guessing game - I suspect that MM does not play players that give less than 100%. We have a young team and many of them are fighting for a place in theirt first season as a professional. What message does it send out to automatically pick players even though they do not fight for the common cause? Why should we keep players that do not want to be part of the team. As far as this clique goes, Knight/CKR/Jarrett made is blatantly clear that they were happy to keep to themselves.

Leon's performances dropped at the end of his 30+ goals season. It appeared as if he had decided enough was enough and he wanted to join another team. He wanted a champagne lifestyle and perhaps he felt his 'pals' John Terry et al, were sniggering behind his back that he played for little old Brighton.

On my part - I have not thrown a volley of comments about CKR leaving. He is gone now and it is time to move on. Good luck to him. All I want are players that play their heart out for the team and wear the stripes with pride. You don't even have to be a Brighton player to do that! McShane being a prime example.

I think in answer to Why didn't he want to play for us? Only he knows and I do not expect us to ever find that out.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps the answer as to why he didnt want to play for us will be given by Jam The Man as he appears to have inside information on CKR, once the deal is completed and he has definitely left.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
Perhaps the answer as to why he didnt want to play for us will be given by Jam The Man as he appears to have inside information on CKR, once the deal is completed and he has definitely left.

Being information given to him by CKRs family? I don't expect that to be a balanced viewpoint!

Jam said that CKR does not drink, yet there were rumours about that being a potential problem - yet he has only spoken to him once, over a year ago. How does he know these things?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even CKR's family's side of the argument is more than we have got now and if that side came out then the club would probably deny it if it was untrue and maybe only maybe give us their side of the argument.

Remember we have a Chairman who is going to be 'frank and open with the fans'

Once CKR has gone he does not have to disclose intimate confidential details but can give a general appraisal of the situation.

Last edited:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Unlike some of you idiots posting crap about CKR who have never spoken to him but seem to know all about him, as his shirt sponsor last season I actually spent around 3 hours in his company at the sponsors dinner in earlier in the year and I can only say that he came over as a very decent young man, nothing was too much trouble for him to ensure my guests and I had a very enjoyable evening. He was the perfect host and seemed to be enjoying himself even though my guests and I are in our 40s and he was a typical cocky teenager.

He did say that he didn't consider himself as a central striker and that he would rather play off or behind a big forward and that he thought he had his best games when Mark MacCammon was in the team. He was unhappy Big Mac was out in the cold and at that time no replacement had been found but he seemed fully committed to Brighton at that time and was enjoying his time on the south coast.

I haven't spoken to him since so I have no idea why he fell out with the club so seriously but I would be amazed if it was simply because he didn't start against Rotherham, as some on here seem to suggest.

So far we have only heard the clubs side of this, blaming his advisers etc but it pains me to say that I've pretty much given up believing the spin that spews out from the official channels at the moment so who knows what the truth is in this case. Maybe his advisers haven't helped the situation, but the whole point of being a manager is that you can manage difficult situations and I don't consider ignoring players and hoping they get so pissed off they go away is really best management practice!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
Even CKR's family's side of the argument is more than we have got now and if that side came out then the club would probably deny it if it was untrue and maybe only maybe give us their side of the argument.

Remember we have a Chairman who is going to be 'frank and open with the fans'

Once CKR has gone he does not have to disclose intimate confidential details but can give a general appraisal of the situation.

Can they win?

McGhee is slated for commenting on a player when they have left - Jarrett and Knight.

Now you want the club to disclose every detail of what went wrong? Can you not be satisfied with the fact that CKR did not want to play for the team, when we have plenty of other players in the squad that are sweating blood to play?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
Ok, I will be honest, I AM shifting the blame onto McGhee without knowing any of the facts. But, that works the other way against about 500 posters on this board who I have just read through comments from SLATING Ckr without knowing any facts too. At least I am basing my opinion on McGhee's PROVEN ability to fall out with players, ship players out, and generally upset the team. I simply suspect that this is MM up to his usual tricks, and that we have lost ANOTHER talented player as a result, leaving behind a squad of Carpenter, Hammond, Mayo, and Butters etc.

What has CKR done (other than in the last 3 weeks, which still remains totally unclear) to deserve this unanimous backlash? Noone knows any facts, so before everyone starts lynching him on here, think WHY does he not want to play for Brighton? WHAT drove him to say that? It may well just be that something, or more probably someone, has done the damage here, and it's not CKR. Anyway, I doubt we will find out as the club won't tell us, so we may as well continue the guessing game.......

Well said.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fragmented Badger said:
BoF, I wasn't directing any comments about the abuse CKR is getting at you, that was at NSC in general.

Now, nobody seems to have much in the way of FACT, but we are entitled to opinion, and from what I can see:

- CKR is a thoroughly "decent" young chap, not a Knight figure
- McGhee has a rather illustrious and colourful past when it comes to falling out with players
- CKR seemed genuinely delighted to be here a year ago when he signed, I don't buy the "stepping stone" argument
- We have all heard the rumours of unrest, there's no way this problem is down to CKR alone
- Jam the Man, without being able to state anything, is clearly of the opinion that CKR is being made to look the bad guy and that the club made a number of mistakes. Not fact I know, but he's closer to the people involved than I am, so until the club says anything then his word is good enough for me

All that adds up to McGhee/the club being very very wrong on this one, and totally at fault for the loss of another good player. It is certainly no grounds for the online hanging of CKR going on on this site, so until we hear anything from a reliable source my feet are well and truly in the CKR camp. In my OPINION, of course:)

I know - I was just pointing out where I stand.

All of what you say is very true. Also, from the evidence we have - the players that he has fallen out with - have shown a side of unprofessionalism at being dropped or played out of position and so forth.

I feel that any player is bound to be excited at the propsect of signing for any club - afterall they signed on the dotted line.

Don't get me wrong, I am bitterly disappointed that we have had to sell a promising young player, but can we afford to have passengers when our finances dictate otherwise?

Jam the Man may well be in a position of further information, but this does not mean it is wholesome. We do not see what goes on behind closed doors....oh bugger, I am going round in circles.

Anyway! If we have to take sides, I am in the Club/McGhee camp for the timebeing.
;)

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
BarrelofFun said:

Jam said that CKR does not drink, yet there were rumours about that being a potential problem

Oh for god's sake, grow up and stop it with this pathetic rumour-mill.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
BoF, I wasn't directing any comments about the abuse CKR is getting at you, that was at NSC in general.

Now, nobody seems to have much in the way of FACT, but we are entitled to opinion, and from what I can see:

- CKR is a thoroughly "decent" young chap, not a Knight figure
- McGhee has a rather illustrious and colourful past when it comes to falling out with players
- CKR seemed genuinely delighted to be here a year ago when he signed, I don't buy the "stepping stone" argument
- We have all heard the rumours of unrest, there's no way this problem is down to CKR alone
- Jam the Man, without being able to state anything, is clearly of the opinion that CKR is being made to look the bad guy and that the club made a number of mistakes. Not fact I know, but he's closer to the people involved than I am, so until the club says anything then his word is good enough for me

All that adds up to McGhee/the club being very very wrong on this one, and totally at fault for the loss of another good player. It is certainly no grounds for the online hanging of CKR going on on this site, so until we hear anything from a reliable source my feet are well and truly in the CKR camp. In my OPINION, of course:)

and again. Here here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
the full harris said:
Oh for god's sake, grow up and stop it with this pathetic rumour-mill.

Actually, I was trying to point out that the fact that Jam may not know the whole story as he has only spoken to Colin once! I was not labelling CKR as an alcoholic! If you had bothered to quote the rest of the comment, then you would see that. Rather than insinuating that I am starting a slur campaign.

We can only really discuss rumours and hearsays, as that is all the information we have at the moment.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
Actually, I was trying to point out that the fact that Jam may not know the whole story as he has only spoken to Colin once! I was not labelling CKR as an alcoholic! If you had bothered to quote the rest of the comment, then you would see that. Rather than insinuating that I am starting a slur campaign.

We can only really discuss rumours and hearsays, as that is all the information we have at the moment.

So far I've reads that Colin alledgedly has a gambling and a drink problem and it's getting ridiculous and, to be honest, pretty out of order if you ask me.

You could have very easily made your point without mentioning any stupid rumours.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe CKR got a bit pissed off that he wasnt playing regular football (because he thought he should, maybe due to his own over confidence or his advisors or that he didnt want MM to keep playing out of position or whatever) and handed in a transfer request as players do from time to time when they want a move.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
fliddy mcflid said:
having since joined witnessed several of our better players leave for "bigger" clubs, possibly with the exception of swansea although that could be argued either way.

I think Swansea can fairly be described as bigger than us - a much better stadium, a bigger fanbase, comparable history ...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If McGhee had wanted CKR gone or thought CKR had a reason to leave he would NOT be on the offical website saying that he was gutted and had tried everything to convince him to stay? I dont recal him saying the same about anyone else leaving the club.

McGhee has no reason to lie to us, Whereas Colins agents have put out pleanty of press saying he wants to be gone.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here