Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had an idea

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's for a short story. It's about a man who is a chalk outline. He leads a normal life with a fully-fleshed human woman. His speech is in bubbles that can be heard when burst.
Anyway, he goes out and gets drunk with some friends in a local pub and, on his way home, trips on a loose paving slab and lands fast asleep on the dry summer street. During his slumber, a man is murdered and his body falls exactly within his chalk outline body. When he wakes up he finds the body there and the police who presume he has been drawn by the investigating team.
I've thought, thus far, that he would then just lie there, with a dead man inside him, trying not to move due to the embarassment of the situation. All the while the fear of being wiped away is with him.

I haven't thought it through fully yet, but does it sound shit or wot?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Think it would be better if his girlfirend was made out of cheese.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
The Large One said:
So that's the outline plot, what's the twist?

I seem to have three choices. A murder mystery, which would bore the shit out of me. Nothing happening and it just drifting away like him. Or that it's the man who, as a baby, the chalk-man was drawn around.

I don't know. I don't do twists.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Meade's_Ball said:
Or that it's the man who, as a baby, the chalk-man was drawn around.

I don't know. I don't do twists.

Do you mean like the chalk man and dead guy are the same person leading parallel lives until they collide? That could be quite interesting. Or have I misunderstood?

Was just wondering, if he lives a "normal" life with a human woman, does that mean he has a chalk outline expandable willy too?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Maybe life gets to much. He misguidedly blames himself for the drunks death.. he drinks himslef away.. and the final scene could be him throwing himself into a boardwiper factory..

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Possible titles:

Look who's chalking
A chalk on the wild side
Chalk & Mindy

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Grendel said:
Do you mean like the chalk man and dead guy are the same person leading parallel lives until they collide? That could be quite interesting. Or have I misunderstood?

No that's it, basically. Not sure their lives would have been parallel, but they just happened to coincide again. I'm not sure i like the neatness of coincidence, but i suppose it's better than some treatise on fate and faith.

Lokki, i had planned for his wife to draw a big willy on him, yes. As he lies there, he remembers many times that she's drawn things on him to pleasure her with. Might be quite funny to have him getting an erection as the police inspect the body within him.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
the twist could be that it rains and he gets washed away!

Meade's_Ball said:
As he lies there, he remembers many times that she's drawn things on him to pleasure her with. Might be quite funny to have him getting an erection as the police inspect the body within him.

You could go to some very interesting places with this. I like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here