Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've Decided To Come Out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not in Dessert Orchid fashion but in support of the Vuvuzela as these magnificent instruments are making the World Cup what it is.

Anyone who watched the 1974 World Cup would know the Germans had klaxon horns which are just the same and were just as noisy as the vuvuzela.

Would anyone else like to come out with me on this subject ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've already come out, I agree that they have made this world cup so far.

Brrrrrrrrr!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone who watched the 1974 World Cup would know the Germans had klaxon horns which are just the same and were just as noisy as the vuvuzela.

I've commented before that the vuvus sound really retro. Listening to this world cup is just like listening to a European game back in the 1970s. We used to remark then that it was impossible to know which side the klaxons were being blown in support of.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
iwhjdl.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think there is a difference with the Klaxons in so much as the pitch and timbre of the note. Apparently the Vuvus pitch at the same level as the human speaking voice hence causing greater impact at home and also negating broadcasters from filtering it out whereas the Klaxon pitches differently and the human ear can self cancel it against a speaking voice.

They do get on my tits but I wouldn't avoid watching a game because of them.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think there is a difference with the Klaxons in so much as the pitch and timbre of the note. Apparently the Vuvus pitch at the same level as the human speaking voice hence causing greater impact at home and also negating broadcasters from filtering it out whereas the Klaxon pitches differently and the human ear can self cancel it against a speaking voice.

They do get on my tits but I wouldn't avoid watching a game because of them.

My other half has a problem filtering out background noise - hence you can't chat to her on a busy road or in a busy room for example. Nevertheless she loves the Vuvuzela, although maybe that is a sign of the quality of the commentators.

Not in Dessert Orchid fashion but in support of the Vuvuzela as these magnificent instruments are making the World Cup what it is.

Would anyone else like to come out with me on this subject ?

If the Vuvuzela is making the World Cup what it is, then I would say that is a very sad indictment on the football that is being played.
First and foremost the World Cup should be about exciting top class football, with this comes atmosphere, if this atmosphere has to be added to by blowing a one metre long plastic horn then there is something seriously wrong!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If this does become a smile, I will use it when I'm unhappy with what some else is saying and I want them to shut the feck up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here