Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Itv wtf

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Apologies if this is fixtures

Did anyone else loose their picture, just before the England goal was scored?
A Kia advert came up, next thing we saw was the players celebrating!!!!!!

Im on Virgin, BTW

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not personally (that I noticed anyway) but I know of a couple of others that did, maybe something to do with different ITV regions?

That THREE times this would have happened in recent times.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
BBC News - ITV HD viewers miss England's first World Cup goal

Happened to everyone watching HD - would imagine that would be a lot of the people who were watching in pubs. Surprised theres not been more made of it - we heard loads about when it happened in the Liverpool-Everton game, and this was England in the world cup.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i was watching on HD and missed the goal.
i think they mentioned it at half time, the normal ITV ch was ok

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yeah, didn't it happen for a Everton Euro game?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Was at Beach Dreams where they had a tent with a screen in. Utter pisstake :nono:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Was down the pub watching, Thought to begin with the Yanks got their way and started putting commercials mid match! - when game came back took some moments before people realised what had happened and began celebrating.

Jameson

It was the worst coverage of any game I’ve seen in recent memory. Not only catastrophic loss of coverage at one of the key moments, but also the incessant action replays for everything, even close ups of player’s faces in slow motion, therefore missing play which had moved on. I lost count of the number of occasions that after a reply, we were brought into play having missed the build up. ITV are absolute rubbish, they should stick to Corrie, Emmerdale and other such bilge rather than trying to do proper television. :censored:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
How can they keep being allowed to show such important sporting events when they consistently f*** UP?

This wasn't just a minor slip it was a CATASTROPHIC FAIL ON AN EPIC SCALE.

Not only did HD viewers miss 50% of the game's goals and 100% of England's goals but they had to endure the inane shittery of ITV's piss poor commentary team.

I just cannot understand how they manage to get worse and worse. WHEN will they just accept they can't get it right and cut their losses?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Ha .........one up for the people that have not yet been sucked in by the over priced HD service. All that money to miss an england goal.

Although I'd imagine the majority of people who missed the goal were at the pub, where a lot have HD now.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It was also a shitty apology."Some viewers suffered a loss of transmission " indeed.

However,I have just been out to buy the car.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is there a facebook group campaigning against itv showing football yet. Adrian chiles must be regretting joining these amateurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here