Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV ruin their own highlights show.

I've just finished watching the ITV4 coverage of Man City, and at the end of the programme they later pointed us towards the Carling Cup highlights on ITV2, but then TOLD YOU THE SCORES! Absolutely unbelievable! I probably won't bother watching it now - or the ads which go with it..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
BBC ruin Match of the day by publishing the results on their news shows.

Sky ruin football first by announcing scores as they happen, and/or after matches (depending on match schedules etc.)

Really, these days the 'look away if you don't want to know the score' is pretty much obsolete. Some people just like watching football, it's not about the unknown result, it's about th action, for some, they won't be interested if there's not going to be scores, so it makes sure they know there's a reason to tune in.

Some people just like watching football, it's not about the unknown result, it's about th action, for some, they won't be interested if there's not going to be scores, so it makes sure they know there's a reason to tune in.

Those people can easily look up the scores on teletext if they so wish, but you seem to be saying this practice is OK. If so, then I would ask
Would you still go to Withdean if you knew what the score was going to be?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Depends on the score. I wouldn't go for a 0-0, but would for a 3-3.

I'm not saying it's ok. I'm largely indifferent. I understand some people don't like know the score, but I'm saying it's the way it is. Results are given out as soon as they're known, we live in an instant access world at the moment. This isn't a one off goof for tonight, it's a generally accepted practice by all the tv companies.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Those people can easily look up the scores on teletext if they so wish, but you seem to be saying this practice is OK. If so, then I would ask
Would you still go to Withdean if you knew what the score was going to be?

No.
I'd go down William Hill.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sky ruin football first by announcing scores as they happen, and/or after matches (depending on match schedules etc.)

If you don't want to know the scores as they happen why on earth would you watch sky sports bofore football first starts then

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They were only good for F1, and they f***ing lost it

:clap2::clap2:

The end of ten years of SHIT, did you know 31 races worth of coverage were lost in adverts

:clap2::clap2:

I guess you are too young to remember when F1 was worth watching

Der Der Dum, Der Der Der Der Der Der Der Der Dum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here