Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV poor poor poor

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As usual the level of coverage, commentary & punditship deserves it's own thread to be slated on.

Townsend missed or missed called most highlights.
Bloody Southgate gives Capello his blessing whoop-de-do.

poor poor poor

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
SHocking how bad they are compared with Sky - Andy Grey sees everything, noone on ITV has a clue.

I think Adrian is better off there than the One Show though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe they were surprised about the Mexico goal.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
What really pisses me off though is that no amount of complaining will ever get anywhere. ITV will always demand to host a share of England games and they will always be shit at it.

The fact is that when viewers do have a choice they vote in their droves for anyone else. At the last World Cup when England played Portugal in the Quarter Finals, broadcast live on both ITV and BBC, the ITV share was a TENTH of the BBC audience.

Nobody likes ITV's piss poor coverage but we are forced to endure it because they buy the rights and prevent anyone else genuinely capable of covering the matches from doing so

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
should do us all a favour and not show friendlies at all

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
For me its was the "they've given it" comment after the Mexico goal and the genuine surprise that accompanied it. They both completely missed A GOAL. Terrible, terrible coverage but yet another reason I'll stick to the Beeb whenever I can.

Also, its been a piss weak performance from Gerrard even if he is now skipper. He needs to step up a gear.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
They really are the pits. I'm dreading it when they have coverage of any of the brazil matches and the commentators start ejaculating about the skill, samba beat and brazillian rhythm before they've even kicked off and every touch from a brazillian is met with an orgasm. As they did in the last world cup when actually, brazil were crap. Everything this prick commentator says is irritating including the ridiculous reaction to the Mexico goal

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
They really are the pits. I'm dreading it when they have coverage of any of the brazil matches and the commentators start ejaculating about the skill, samba beat and brazillian rhythm before they've even kicked off and every touch from a brazillian is met with an orgasm. As they did in the last world cup when actually, brazil were crap. Everything this prick commentator says is irritating including the ridiculous reaction to the Mexico goal

Don't forget Messi, Ronaldo, Torres et al

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
BBC should have all the rights for england, license fee should cover it.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Commentary - piss poor. Peter Drury is an utter twat, second only to ITV's Bellend-in-Chief Clive Tyldesley.

I'm probably the only person on here who thinks so, but I like Townsend and Southgate. They talk sense.

Adrian Chiles was excellent as well, I thought. MUCH better than Steve Ryder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm probably the only person on here who thinks so, but I like Townsend and Southgate. They talk sense.
Couldn't get past failed manager Southgate damming Capello with faint praise, at the start.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
How did ITV manage to employ the two worst commentators in the history of football?!!! I used to think that Tyldsley was the worst but now I can't call it, theyre both complete twats. Chiles makes their coverage a little more bearable cos he doesn't take himself as seriously as the others. I prefer Townsend on the radio, he gets brought down by the idiot commentating alongside him on tv

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What are you all moaning about? Christ, it wasn't THAT bad. As usual, it's just the fashion to be critical of ITV's coverage. Get over it, it isn't that bad and it really doesn't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here