Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV coverage

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he also did Football Focus.

Where the f*** did they get the commentators for these games?

The west Brom game bloke makes hawsey sound like John Motson

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
ITV and Setanta have ruined the FA Cup IMHO. Setanta are amateur in their touchline reporting during a game, when they talk to the f***ing manager! when he is more concentrated on the game infront of him, not worrying about what to say on the bloody microphone! The adverts, the poor presentation, the commentary and the camera angles for the FA cup highlights on ITV1, are absolutely atrocious. f*** OFF SETANTA AND ITV, BRING BACK BBC1 AND SKY!

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
ITV and Setanta have ruined the FA Cup IMHO. Setanta are amateur in their touchline reporting during a game, when they talk to the f***ing manager! when he is more concentrated on the game infront of him, not worrying about what to say on the bloody microphone! The adverts, the poor presentation, the commentary and the camera angles for the FA cup highlights on ITV1, are absolutely atrocious. f*** OFF SETANTA AND ITV, BRING BACK BBC1 AND SKY!

So Setanta and ITV have ruined the F.A Cup, but Sky - who have exaggerated the Premier League so much and made it so distant in terms of money from other league's, that now, teams are no longer as interested in winning the cup and would rather come 14th in the league to secure more money - havent ruined what the FA Cup should be and once was brilliant for?

Clueless.

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I thought the camera angle was spot on for the Torquay-Cov and Donny-Villa games, as it made their grounds (Donny in particular) look quite big!

The adverts are a right pain in the rectum though, as the show would be nowhere near as long as it is without them.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
ITV are shit with all sport, not just football. It seems the same presenting/analysis team turns up whatever the sport. Steve Rider presents them all, Ned Boulting does the prerecorded bits and touchline/pit lane bits etc and they bring in wanky formats like having Boulting or Gabriel Clarke by the dug outs just to report on how fast Fergie's chewing on his gum! The BBC/Sky just show the game with decent camera work and top commentators.
Theres humour in the studio too with BBC which you don't get with ITV. Lineker is always taking the piss but with ITV you get Townsend and his toch screen wank box to highlight which direction such and such a player ran in.

And is it just me or is Matt Smith who presents a lot of these shows the most creepy and sinister person on TV? And Peter Dreary the worst commentator?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Setanta are amateur in their touchline reporting during a game, when they talk to the f***ing manager! when he is more concentrated on the game infront of him, not worrying about what to say on the bloody microphone!

taken from American football where its the norm. Cant see Fergie ever having a chat mid way through the second half tho!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Pretty poor coverage. Not just the camerawork (and I'm no expert but it wasn't as easy to watch as on the Beeb) but the editing. Games just seemed to start and end at random points. Very odd.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
ITV are shit with all sport, not just football.

I would say that you are pretty much bang on the money with that comment, it is so annoying that they keep going off for ad-breaks...yeah, I know that commercial tv relys on them for funding and it is the programmes we watch that attracts those who want to advertise their product, but it is still annoying. The one that gets me is where they show the two football teams lining up in the tunnel and play the music just as they are walking towards the pitch...then cut to ads...the next time we see any of the action it is just before kick-off, having missed the line ups and coin toss by the ref, that is just as important to the game as any of the real action.

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
the presenter was Craig Doyle, he was shot, the highlights were shot, how they are allowed to show some of the games with the camera angles god only knows

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
I would say that you are pretty much bang on the money with that comment, it is so annoying that they keep going off for ad-breaks...yeah, I know that commercial tv relys on them for funding and it is the programmes we watch that attracts those who want to advertise their product, but it is still annoying. The one that gets me is where they show the two football teams lining up in the tunnel and play the music just as they are walking towards the pitch...then cut to ads...the next time we see any of the action it is just before kick-off, having missed the line ups and coin toss by the ref, that is just as important to the game as any of the real action.

And why have 45 - 60 minutes before the game showing endless interviews, studio chat and other talentless drivel but barely 10 minutes afterwards to review the game?(Apart from the amount of ad breaks they can fit in while people wait for the action of course). The only bonus is less Townsend and his wankbox putting arrows on the screen but sometimes I would like to see proper analysis of the game straight after it has finished rather than Boulting's hideous face patronising another lower league player before the game asking endless questions about how lucky he is to be on the same pitch as (insert overpaid Premier League player's name here)

watching on sky+ so a bit behind, The Swans penalty - there is no way I could tell if it was in or out the area. Why dont they do what BBC/Sky do use the camera areas higher up?

becasuse at Fratton park there is not anywhere to put the cameras higher up in the main stand. . Do it on the other side of the pitch and you are looking straight into the sun

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
becasuse at Fratton park there is not anywhere to put the cameras higher up in the main stand. . Do it on the other side of the pitch and you are looking straight into the sun
So where do BBC put their camera's? They never have such bad angles.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There are safety issues over the gantry at Portsmouth, so for single camera sideline coverage, the position is rubbish. And all that's available at each end is a place in the trench which runs along the front of the stand, so that fans can see over the cameras.

It's a shame more clubs don't build their stands like Charlton, where the front row is raised a few feet, so that the pitchside media can work without getting in anyone's way.

And it's a shame too that the TV companies take the flak when Premier League clubs which are bankrolled by the rights deals, don't make adequate provision for the cameras.... maybe the complaints are aimed at the wrong people...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here