Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV comes up with shit new logo. Does anybody watch it anyway?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I cannot even recall the last time I watched ANYTHING on ITV other than the odd England match. Seriously. Truly, truly the channel for the BRAIN DEAD.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The way theyve used four colours makes it look like "ituv". Also, I hate this modern obsession with starting proper nouns with small letters, it's not right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As a graphic designer by daytime, and someone with a more-than-passing interest in typography, can I just say

that logo is f***ing shit.
Nice to get a professional's opinion on the matter :)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Heaven forfend that the Beeb should ever be made to go commercial.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Also, I hate this modern obsession with starting proper nouns with small letters, it's not right.

Couldn't agree more. Grammatical rules exist for a reason. Start f***ing with them and you start messing with the very fabric of space and time.

That misplaced apostrophe in the logo of talent show band Hearsay was responsible for the extinction of TWO subspecies of rare beetle on Papua New Guinea. FACT

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Well at least they choose to spunk their own money on a stupid logo - rather than paying off people they have libled (185k) to McAlpine well played BBC.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I will design a better ITV logo now:

ITV.png

Word.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
England games and a bit of celeb juice which can be funny once you realise it's taking swipes at all the dumb reality/celeb shows fans that tune in. Sometimes it can be pretty dire but when it makes you laugh it makes you wet yourself

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I would love to know how much money they paid to have that designed. I would also like to get hold of whatever it was they were smoking when they decided it was the way to go.

I think I remember reading that it was designed "in house", which is depressing. Can you imagine how bad it would be if they'd forked out for an advetising agency to come up with something?

It is really, really, rather poor.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
A rubbish channel.

Why don't they just give up and sell their name to Apple?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here