Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its Us or Carlisle

There's always the possibility of us losing 0-2 to Stockport, Crewe beating Leicester 2-0, and Carlisle losing or drawing against Millwall.

That would mean Crewe would be safe and both the Albion and Carlisle would go down.

However ... if we only lost by one goal against Stockport, Crewe beat Leicester 2-0, and Carlisle lost or drew against Millwall, we would be safe and it would be Crewe and Carlisle for the drop.

And if Crewe beat Leicester by three goals ... blah blah blah ...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I believe Carlisle were once leaders in the top flight in the 1970s but were later relegated in the same season.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Would be lovely not to be in the same league as Carlisle next season, such a long trip, and they always beat us.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Well the CB is out - not sure the rules for straight red anymore, don't you get a game break and then the suspension?

straight reds can be appealled but i think you have to appeal on the next working day.the fa then take 1 day to look at the appeal.then if the red card is correct then the suspension applies to the next game,if no appeal is made the suspension still applies to the next game .

in short both are suspended for the saturday game unless the red card is appealled

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
So did Ayinsah make the right decision Carlisle or the Albion, well we'll know next Saturday.

At least we've got to the last game with our own destiny in our own hands, that didn't look possible a few weeks ago!

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
straight reds can be appealled but i think you have to appeal on the next working day.the fa then take 1 day to look at the appeal.then if the red card is correct then the suspension applies to the next game,if no appeal is made the suspension still applies to the next game .

in short both are suspended for the saturday game unless the red card is appealled

Ask Adam Virgo, he knows all to well what happens when you appeal against a red card. The League/FA don't like appeals too much as it undermines the referees decision.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Dont care what others need to do im concentrating on the albion one and thats all i will be doing untill the final whistle and so should the players we dont want to rely on other results

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
northampton will lose their last 2 games...carlise and crewe will lose...and will win and escape drop by 5 points:clap2:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So were Northampton, and possibly Swansea.

After three games in 1974 Carlisle were the only team in the First Division (now derisorily called The Premiership) with a 100% record. Swansea were also pretty high up for a while when they first hit the top division (Toshack, the manager, knew what he was doing, and there was a strong backbone of ex-Liverpool)... Northampton in 1965 were pretty much up against it from day one.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
whats the highest we can finish....I don't want to finish 20th...lets get as high in the table as we can, our PRIDE is at stake!

:jester:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If we go behind on saturday I'll just watch my phone or take the radio pleeding for millwall to get a goal :clap::clap:

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :wozza:

Lets just WIN eh, Its the best option ..................:albion2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The league tables would look so much better if we had scored 3 more goals this season.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I predict Northampton won't get another point. But Millwall will be wanting to get Tranmere in the play-offs rather than Leeds or MK Dons, so they'll be going to for the win against Carlisle. Carlisle are going down.

We'll beat Stockport & end up ahead of Hartlepool & Northampton

Millwall naturally want to avoid Leeds and MK dons. If they can do that they have a much better chance of success.Therefore they have EVERYTHING to play for.

However so do Leeds and MK Dons when the BOTH play Northampton...:clap:

To be honest both Northampton and Carlisle have got v difficult games and I am bloody glad its them NOt us who have to play them.
We Must concentrate on doing what we need and we will be ok.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Millwall have also lost their last 2 away games. 2-0 at Yeovil and 4-2 at Bristol Rovers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here