Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's The New Season- And There Are Some Traditions We Can NEVER Leave Behind...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My league ladders have arrived. 1976, retro style

453104176_468172982653650_1930500166212043256_n.jpg

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Wow that takes me back. Every sunday getting the paper and then updating my ladders ......what joy!!!!

P.S. If you are putting all the teams on the ladders before any matches are played then, according to the beeb, Bournemouth are top of the table!

Presumably because they are AFC Bournemouth.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Used to love those although I seem to remember that if you pinned them up on your wall, the slightest draught would send the little tabs flying across the room and you would spend ages trying to pick them all up and then put them back in the right place.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Wow that takes me back. Every sunday getting the paper and then updating my ladders ......what joy!!!!

P.S. If you are putting all the teams on the ladders before any matches are played then, according to the beeb, Bournemouth are top of the table!

Exactly my memory too(the Sunday morning adjustments etc) - I loved it!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Someone please tell me they used to turn them all over, mix them up, and do imaginary cup draws. It won't have been just me.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Why are some teams at their old ground e.g. Goldstone but Wimbledon are at Kings Meadow rather than Plough Lane?

They are considered a continuation rather than a new club.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why are some teams at their old ground e.g. Goldstone but Wimbledon are at Kings Meadow rather than Plough Lane?

They are considered a continuation rather than a new club.
Fair point that.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Think I used to get mine with Shoot magazine.

I'd faithfully arrange the league tables each week, taking great care to get everything exactly right.

... for about two weeks. Then I'd simply arrange each division in the order that I wanted the teams to be positioned, and it would stay that way all season, as the Blu-Tak gradually failed, teams fell out and got lost forever, and then my mum threw it away.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Think it might have been Shoot! that did the league ladders.

What Roy of the Rovers DID do, though, was the "My Team's Performance" chart:-

View attachment 186770
That's the one. The poor cousin to Shoot in that respect. I used to buy RoR. Forced to by Shoot in August- who I think may have cheekily spread the Ladders over a couple of weeks. Not sure.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sneaking in flasks and bottle tops is mine…..

oooops

shhhhhh

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

No , its because they are a tinpot club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here