Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's That Time Of Year Again - BBC Patronises The FA Cup

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That’s fine, I’m not saying scrap the competition. The Dog and Duck will still get their trip to Old Trafford once every few years. But it should be on a Tuesday night so it doesn’t interfere with the serious business. What other industry would accept the current farce? It would be like cinemas deciding that for a handful of weeks a year they’re not going to show the latest Hollywood releases and instead screen the latest offerings from amateur dramatics societies and after-school clubs.

You have to remember that the lower teams play 46 league games, plus a smattering of lesser cup games. Do you really want them to field their U13's on a Tuesday/Wednesday just so they don't bother those poor premier league fans whose team plays on a Sunday and don't wish to soil their clothes watching other games of football?
I'm sorry, but you're coming over a bit like an arsenal fan.....not having a go, just sound a bit plastic

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m massively looking forward to Monday’s tie between previous winners Portsmouth and Harringay, Harrington, Hillingdon, Harrogate

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just watching Football Focus. Identical cliched offering to last night. Identical cliched offering to last year. And the year before. And the year before that. Just the names change. Here's Mavis preparing her hotpot. Here's her two year old. Who's going to win today two year old? Please don't eat the microphone.

Make. It. Stop.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just watching Football Focus. Identical cliched offering to last night. Identical cliched offering to last year. And the year before. And the year before that. Just the names change. Here's Mavis preparing her hotpot. Here's her two year old. Who's going to win today two year old? Please don't eat the microphone.

Make. It. Stop.

Mate, free advice. Your remote has an 'off' switch.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here