Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Snowing in Walsall again!

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
I may have Michael Fished my weather prediction of snow melting this morning as this is my view from the office in Walsall at 11 this morning! I hope they have the pitch covered now!

Attachments

• DSC00932.JPG
    DSC00932.JPG
    784.2 KB · Views: 520

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You got that picture from google.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are your neighbours conifers just a bit intrusive ? :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's blatantly going to be called off at 12pm on Saturday when we're all getting off the train in Walsall. What are the chances of a definite answer on FRIDAY?

Depends on the weather forecast.

It might be snowing, say, at 4pm Friday giving a couple of snow on the pitch, but then the forecast is for the snow to stop, a milder evening and night, then temperatures around 8ºC forecast for Saturday - what do you do?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Will probably go to Wolves v Preston as it's not too far away from Walsall. Villa v West Brom is also the same day and would be a good derby game but k/o may be a bit too early

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
says on my Walsall ticket

Ticket will be valid on re-arranged date in case of postponement

No refunds will be given. <<<<

Oh yeah?, see you court Mr Bescot!

Blatantly illegal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh yeah, it's a tough one. You can't possibly be 100% AND have no risk of pissing people off. You either leave it late to give the game the best chance of being on, but if it's off you wind everyone up. Or you call it off early, but then it could be glorious sunshine on Saturday in Walsall.

If I had to make the decision I think what I'd do is do an inspection at about 10am on Saturday. Then, at least noone (apart from Brett!) will have travelled too far, but it is late enough not to be freezing night time conditions anymore.

If there's two inches of snow on the pitch, and the forecast is (a) for more and/or (b) overnight temperatures of -5ºC, then f*** it, postpone it there and then.

Other than that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here