Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its not just McGhee we should be blaming

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think like most people on here i'm mightly pissed off about the current situation at the club I have supported for many years for me its high time Perry and Knight started waking up to the fact that if we slip out of this division then a 23,000 capacity stadium is VERY unlikely to be financially acheivable.

Its all very well blaming McGhee for everything, and McGhee doesnt help himself by in turn blaming everyone else, but Perry and Knight need to wake up and realise that the apathy for the club in a League below could be catastrophic, its all very well bleating on about how the club will die if we dont get Falmer and blaming LDC (who have a lot to answer for), but if you fail to concentrate on the here and now then you are f***ed. Its like any business, if you cant get it right now regardless of the problems you face then you cant complain in 5 years time when you go bust because you spent all your time thinking of the future and not the here and now.

Banks and Finance houses are becoming fed up with Football clubs that have massive overdrafts and cant keep up with repayments on loans, its a bit like the airline industry after 9/11, it only took one household name to have the plug pulled on it and a whole raft of others went down after, thats the way I think it will go with lower league football that is increasingly pushed out of the National media and is treated more and more with apathy by local populations who care less and less about local teams.

i'm not saying for one minute that Perry and Knight havent done many great things for the club, but its also not wrong to question the direction we are going in, although that will not be to the liking of many who would rater bury their heads in the sand.

Que the usual 'without Falmer' or 'united or die' etc etc responses, my points are not about that or are not being disloyal, my point is if we dont put our house in order now (with a bit speculating) how the hell are we going to pay for a 23,000 stadium if we are in D2 with 4500 crowds ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Albion Dan said:
Our current predicament is 100% DK and MP imo.
Rusco said:
and 50% McGhee

:jester:

And the attitudes of agents and players are what percentage of that 150%?

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Spot on. What he said

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Mr Perry came to an A21 meeting in 2001 and was asked if there a contingency plan if Falmer went wrong. He said it was not necessary - the problem is that we put all our eggs in one basket and did not have a good enough risk register.

Like Rougvie I say DK hasd done great things for the club but perhaps he and Perry have benn a tad nieve and we have too. Most business plans have contingencies ours did not and that is an error

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Albion Dan said:

It depends on how honest these "six-figure bids" have been.

If that's true and we really have been offering that sort of money, then McGhee has got a decent transfer budget, especially compared to the likes of Steve Coppell who managed to bring in plenty of players. If that IS the case then it's down to McGhee IMHO.

If it's not true and we are being lied to about these bids, then I would be furious at DK and MP.

As it is, I have no reason to doubt DK and MP, and therefore lay the blame squarely with McGhee.

Even if there are reasons beyond his control, as to why we can't bring players in, then Mark, wouldn't it help if you stopped falling out with the players we have (or had).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not even the most anti of mcghee people can suggest the blame is all mcghees - i will be so pissed off if mcghee goes and suddenly funds are found for players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
It's not DK who fell out with Knight, trolley AND now Kazim-Richards - leaving us with f*** all options up front. And if CKR is to be believed, Jake will be next. :nono:

It should be a collective reponsibility in my view.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
good point , the board proved a little bit last year by not doing something in jan transfer window (sound familiar) that they wern't bothered to go down despite saying we lost 1million when we did, they have lacked ambition this time by not backing mcghee in the summer + now

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not even the most anti of mcghee people can suggest the blame is all mcghees - i will be so pissed off if mcghee goes and suddenly funds are found for players.

So you are saying that the Board are lying about the "six-figure bids" then are you?

If not, then I think you'll find money IS available, but no bugger wants to come and play for McGhee, and I don't blame them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here