Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its NOT all over yet.......

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
.....as stated on another thread and on the back page of the argus - MM stating that it aint all over yet.

There are of course a couple of "if's" but its far from impossible.

"if" we beat Millwall satdee and weds loose........its down to 6 points.

Then "if" we beat them at our gaffe its only 3 points.

There will then be another 4 games around those games for us to pick up an extra 3 points than them out of a possible 12.

The goal difference is in their favour now but if we make up those 9 points ours will more than likely overtake theirs.

So yeah it aint the best senario to face but for f***'s sake we still have a chance so why not all keep clubbing together and cheer the players on.

All this MM bashing is utter f***ing bollox i'm afraid.

We as fans have been thro enough f***ing last day drama to know better than to write the season off yet so get lively and get yourself down to bandit country on saturday!

;)

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm over now. Just have to wash my face and hands and mount the appropriate stairs to somewhere a little quieter. I'll rest. Promise not to hurt any of you or wish your bloodless doom.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An unlikley scenario but strange things happen in the last few games of a season. The big plus is that we now have a decent experienced forward on loan, a decent experienced defender back from injury and a decent experienced midfielder , coming back to form and hopefully being played in his strongest position for the run in. Three parts of the team considerably strenghtened so who knows?

I live in hope

Last edited:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Icy Gull said:
An unlikley scenario but strange things happen in the last few games of a season. The big plus is that we now have a decent experienced forward on loan, a decent experienced defender back from injury and a decent experienced midfielder , coming back to form and hopefully being played in his strongest position for the run in. Three parts of the team considerably strenghtened so who knows?

I live in hope

indeedy - never give up giving up as the non-smoking ads say!!

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Brighton till i die said:
.....as stated on another thread and on the back page of the argus - MM stating that it aint all over yet.

There are of course a couple of "if's" but its far from impossible.

"if" we beat Millwall satdee and weds loose........its down to 6 points.

Then "if" we beat them at our gaffe its only 3 points.

There will then be another 4 games around those games for us to pick up an extra 3 points than them out of a possible 12.

The goal difference is in their favour now but if we make up those 9 points ours will more than likely overtake theirs.

So yeah it aint the best senario to face but for f***'s sake we still have a chance so why not all keep clubbing together and cheer the players on.

All this MM bashing is utter f***ing bollox i'm afraid.

We as fans have been thro enough f***ing last day drama to know better than to write the season off yet so get lively and get yourself down to bandit country on saturday!

;)

good call mate,i just posted pretty much the same on the "Mcghee today" thread. Keep the Faith

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I agree, it IS possible.
But I think you are overlooking another possibility....Southampton. OK they are a MASSIVE 11 points ahead of us with 6 games to go. But they are in freefall at the moment, still have to visit us and play Millwall. Also, their last away games is at Palace.
How funny would that be, while we complete an amazing run of 5 successive wins with an unlikely victory at Wolves, Palace beat Scumphamton to leave us safe with a game to play. :clap2:

But back to the real world.......

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is extremely unlikely, but as they say, you never know in football!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Brighton till i die said:
[BWe as fans have been thro enough f***ing last day drama to know better than to write the season off yet so get lively and get yourself down to bandit country on saturday!

;) [/B]

Dont disagree, I just think over the last 15 years of various relegation battles the product on the pitch seemed to display a bit more ability and fight.

Cant WAIT for Satdi tho.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I think Mike Newell summed it up best in the News Of The Screws on Sunday:

"Brighton aren't playing with any real confidence and were there for the taking."

We've won one game out of our last 16 - our only victory this year - and now people think we are capable of winning three or four in a row. McGhee's comments are as deluded as his signings, team selections and tactics have been this season, and i wish he'd just be realistic.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Benny Zamora said:
I think Mike Newell summed it up best in the News Of The Screws on Sunday:

"Brighton aren't playing with any real confidence and were there for the taking."

We've won one game out of our last 16 - our only victory this year - and now people think we are capable of winning three or four in a row. McGhee's comments are as deluded as his signings, team selections and tactics have been this season, and i wish he'd just be realistic.

so you dont think "some amazing" can ever happen with a relegation run in? come on fella, a LOT stranger things have happened. A bit of belief from the stands is whats needed!:p

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I would consider "something amazing" to be us winning a game between now and the end of the season, unfortunately.

The chance for us to do something amazing by staying up has long gone, probably when we lost to Crewe. It is now impossible.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Benny Zamora said:
I would consider "something amazing" to be us winning a game between now and the end of the season, unfortunately.

The chance for us to do something amazing by staying up has long gone, probably when we lost to Crewe. It is now impossible.

thats the spirit!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here