Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not about the money......

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
"I would also like to make it clear that we were never in this for the money. Money could never mend the damage that was done.

"I intend to dedicate my portion of the settlement to protecting myself and my children from further invasions of our privacy."

Charlotte Church after settling for £600,000 from the phone hacking scandal.

Of course love, it's not about the money!!! If she (multi millionaire) donated her 'winnings' to charity then I would believe her.

It's not just her though, loads of celebs and no marks are filling their snouts at the trough.

Of course phone hacking is wrong, but these settlements are borne out of sheer greed.

I'm now about to proceed to download her back catalogue (for my mum :blush:) for free! :lolol:

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell

Of course love, it's not about the money!!! If she (multi millionaire) donated her 'winnings' to charity then I would believe her.

It's not just her though, loads of celebs and no marks are filling their snouts at the trough.

Of course phone hacking is wrong, but these settlements are borne out of sheer greed.

I'm now about to proceed to download her back catalogue (for my mum :blush:) for free! :lolol:

Let me know what her back catalogue is like please.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Probably the only Church I'd ever think of entering.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I wonder how much the papers made from invading her private life and printing the stories? She's entitled to a cut as far as I'm concerned, good luck to her.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wonder how much the papers made from invading her private life and printing the stories? She's entitled to a cut as far as I'm concerned, good luck to her.

THIS. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear if the "celebrities" ended making that vile creature Murdoch bankrupt through this process - unlikely but I remain ever hopeful !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here