Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's never rained...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its never actually rained for the two hours prior to a game starting at the Amex.
I know this for sure as i have never had to pull the sellers inside the ground from the out side concourse as is the plan if it does rain.

U sure tht wasn't tht Sussex cup thing ...I know I havn't got wet b4 any game at the Amex and the only game I've missed is the Blackpool one which was a blazing hot day

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Rained for a short while against West Ham, I think. But no, can't remember a sudden rainfall before/after a game.

With the wind blowing into the North stand, all but a few back rows got wet against West ham.

Started raining midway through first half & just got heavier, I got soaked & very cold. As Catfish says all but a few rows at back of North stand got wet & it wasn't that windy. Been lucky with two dry winters in a row & as much as I love the AMEX, it is beautiful but the architects went for form over function & if the weather was like yesterday with swirling strong wind & heavy rain I reckon it will only be the guys right at the back, in WSU & WS tier 2 who will stay completely dry in any of the stands. Be interesting if it does rain Wednesday night if people could report back as to where they sat & if they were wet or dry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
as much as I love the AMEX, it is beautiful but the architects went for form over function & if the weather was like yesterday with swirling strong wind & heavy rain I reckon it will only be the guys right at the back, in WSU & WS tier 2 who will stay completely dry in any of the stands.

Nothing to do with the architects. There is not a stadium in the country where EVERYONE stays dry if its raining. Its obvious if you're in the front 20-25 rows of any stand, there's a decent chance you'll get wet depending on the wind strength and direction.

Short of having an entirely closed roof, its just a fact of life some will get wet.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I get wet at every home game watching Gordon Greer warm up ???

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Nothing to do with the architects. There is not a stadium in the country where EVERYONE stays dry if its raining. Its obvious if you're in the front 20-25 rows of any stand, there's a decent chance you'll get wet depending on the wind strength and direction.

Short of having an entirely closed roof, its just a fact of life some will get wet.

Yes accept if wind blows rows towards front will get wet but never got wet in the north stand at Goldstone & always stood only about ten rows back. If rain comes straight down, as at West Ham match, should be more people stayed dry than actually did. If you look at the sections the roof pitches up at the front, which doen't help, whereas on other stadia the pitch is reversed or shallower (if reversed would have to be shallower pitch or people at back wouldn't be able to see). Yes difficult to achieve with stands at different heights but still say it could have been improved but it would have been at the expence of aesthetics.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Yes accept if wind blows rows towards front will get wet but never got wet in the north stand at Goldstone & always stood only about ten rows back. If rain comes straight down, as at West Ham match, should be more people stayed dry than actually did. If you look at the sections the roof pitches up at the front, which doen't help, whereas on other stadia the pitch is reversed or shallower (if reversed would have to be shallower pitch or people at back wouldn't be able to see). Yes difficult to achieve with stands at different heights but still say it could have been improved but it would have been at the expence of aesthetics.

Maybe they should give the front 15 rows these..

umbrella-hat-big.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here