Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's never rained...

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Unless I'm going mad I don't recall it ever raining immediately before or after a game on a match day at the Amex, except for the SSCF.

Is this divine intervention, or just a shit memory?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Rained for a short while against West Ham, I think. But no, can't remember a sudden rainfall before/after a game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unless I'm going mad I don't recall it ever raining immediately before or after a game on a match day at the Amex, except for the SSCF.

Is this divine intervention, or just a shit memory?
Ummm...I remain getting a tad wet after one game...but can't remember which one :(

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Is funny though all those years at withdean with no roof it seemed to rain on so many match days , but now with a roof on all 4 sides it's only rained once this season against west ham

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rained for a short while against West Ham, I think. But no, can't remember a sudden rainfall before/after a game.

It poured down from half time onwards for the West Ham game, got soaked queuing for the train after the game. It rained at half time for I think the Newcastle game, Mrs Gully was going round with somebody holding an umbrella

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Is funny though all those years at withdean with no roof it seemed to rain on so many match days ,

Well, you can say that my memory is playing up, but I don't recall it raining at Withdean anytime during the last season there. Am I wrong?

D

Deleted member 18477

it hardly rained last year at withdean. probably on 4 occasions we got a little bit wet. but nothing like previous years.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well, you can say that my memory is playing up, but I don't recall it raining at Withdean anytime during the last season there. Am I wrong?

Yes agree was talking a few seasons ago , weather climate really changed over last 2 years hardly rains these days ( except today )

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
With the wind blowing into the North stand, all but a few back rows got wet against West ham.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Its never actually rained for the two hours prior to a game starting at the Amex.
I know this for sure as i have never had to pull the sellers inside the ground from the out side concourse as is the plan if it does rain.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
With the wind blowing into the North stand, all but a few back rows got wet against West ham.

We're the dry rows, we're the dry rows, we're the dry rows Brighton boys :Amex: :banana: :banana:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
For the couple of times it has rained this season it's been very weird not getting wet. But truly wonderful!!
After all the times we all got bloody soaked in the south stand at Withdean, I still can't quite get used to it yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here