Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Maggie Thatchers Fault

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
You make your own way in life. The problem is, when (the weak minded) are unsuccessful at that, instead of retrying (i.e the stronger minded) they want someone to blame. Whether that's Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Tories, Labour is neither here nor there. Some people just don't want to make the effort and want to blame others for their misgivings.

Politicians may make things easier or harder for you but that's just the evolution of society. Thatcher/Blair/Major all did good AND bad things, take what you can from it. Brown was just an utter failure though.

Failures are always looking for someone else to blame.

Try telling that to the aged who couldn't afford coal, or took her advice and put money into their houses and suddenly got whacked by raised interest rates that they couldn't afford (some lost their houses through it). The people who worked for the government who had to struggle to get paid enough to keep up with inflation she presided over or were pushing for promotions til she put an embargo on that, or the people who worked in industries her government wanted eradicated.
They "made their own way in life" did they?

Even now you pay (poll tax) council tax, brought about by thatcher, don't you?

Last edited:

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Yup. I assume they're not ALL still one the dole now are they?

Individually, there will always be winners/losers resulting from whatever policies from BOTH parties. For sure some people got "screwed" under Thatcher, ALSO some people got screwed under Blair/Brown. You can either spend the rest of your life moaning about it or move on and get on with life.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Yes, I pay Council Tax. Don't forget, the poll tax wasn't a new taxation, it was a replacement for Rates. We would still be paying tax either way, in whatever form. Arguably PT was a better system than the council tax we have now ended up with. It was Major and especially Blair governments that saw to that. Think how much it went up during the early/mid 00's.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Even now you pay (poll tax) council tax, brought about by thatcher, don't you?

which is the same as the council rates which preceded the poll tax, isnt it?

really i dont understand the Thatcher is responsible for everything zealots. apparently we lived in a land of milk and honey upto 1979. 21 years since she left office, we've had another Conservative government and 13 years of Labour. if they didnt change or "fix" issues they are also responsible, shirley?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Originally Posted by APACHE said:
In years to come they'll be forced to reopen the mines this woman closed as it becomes too expensive to import and anyone who worked at the time of that woman (can't bring myself to say it's name) knows that she was saved by a war that could have been avoided. Large parts of the country will rejoice when she is finally gone.
Er wise man....how could the war been avoided?
It could have been avoided in the same way that Harold Wilson avoided it in 1977, by sending a naval force on "extended manoeuvres" and letting Buenos Aires know on the diplomatic grapevine that any attempt to take the islands would be met with the strongest resistance.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Don't forget she wanted to impose that preposterous identity card scheme on all football fans. She hated all of us.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
And benefit claimants (every single one of them is a scrounger - even those with terminal illnesses who cant work because theyre like dying, shouldnt be entitled to anything ever).

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
And pensioners because they live too long and keep drawing their pension that theyve paid into and they keeping falling over and stuff and need treatment from the NHS which is even more of a drain.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
And immigrants every single last one, even the ones that work in the NHS and that as doctors and nurses, came into the country hanging onto the exhaust pipe of a lorry. Who wants them working, paying taxes and contributing to society?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
And students every single last one of them is doing a media studies degree, even the ones who arent and are doing medicine and nuclear physics. Who wants well educated people? Everyone except the chaps from Harrow and Eton should be working in McDonalds.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I did better than that mate - I left the country
Fair play mate:thumbsup:

The day someone offers me a million quid for my business, I'll be out of this place as well. I would go now, but I have a good thing going at the moment, which I couldn't reapeat aboard.... plus of course after all these years, I want to stick around for at least one premiershit season.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You make your own way in life. The problem is, when (the weak minded) are unsuccessful at that, instead of retrying (i.e the stronger minded) they want someone to blame. Whether that's Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Tories, Labour is neither here nor there. Some people just don't want to make the effort and want to blame others for their misgivings.

Politicians may make things easier or harder for you but that's just the evolution of society. Thatcher/Blair/Major all did good AND bad things, take what you can from it. Brown was just an utter failure though.

Failures are always looking for someone else to blame.
A great post made greater by the fact you recongise Brown was a utter prick!!!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I blame her for the state of my molars.
If she'd not been the milk snatcher, I'm pretty sure my gnashers would've benefitted from the extra calcium.
Therefore it's her fault I have 8 fillings and 2 missing pegs.Weak teeth y'see....

It's not my fault in the slightest for eating too many sweets as a kid and being too lazy to clean my teeth properly........

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I've noticed that the lefties on here manage to blame things on Maggie even thought she left office 20 years ago. Therefore to make things easier I thought I should start a thread to allow them to blame everything on her directly. Come on lefties don't worry if it started donkeys years after she retired feel free to blame it on her & add that it was nothing to do with all those years under Mr "WMD for definite" B Liar & the sell all the gold for 50p Scottish bloke. Also lets ignore the years of allowing millions of immigrants in to take up up jobs while allowing British people to spend their lives on benefits (before the Credit Crunch). Lets try hard - even if it happened before Maggie was born we can find a way to blame her!

To start the ball rolling I blame her for the extinction of the dinosaurs - must have been her fault!

Any to beat that?
Well said. I mean this couldn't of been caused by the way labour have acted? :lolol:

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
And students every single last one of them is doing a media studies degree, even the ones who arent and are doing medicine and nuclear physics. Who wants well educated people? Everyone except the chaps from Harrow and Eton should be working in McDonalds.

Time of the month?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here