Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its kicking off again on the Argus site

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the destroying of all Brighton stands for by a minority continues it seems..

A couple of NIMBY letters in there today too....when are these idiots going to f*** off and get a life? They are starting to really get on my tits now, same old shit: biased reporting by The Argus, destruction of a part of our heritage, AONB, etc., etc.

Time the Argus stopped printing their crap-they had more than enough time and space for spouting their nonsense and lies.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A couple of NIMBY letters in there today too....when are these idiots going to f*** off and get a life? They are starting to really get on my tits now, same old shit: biased reporting by The Argus, destruction of a part of our heritage, AONB, etc., etc.

Time the Argus stopped printing their crap-they had more than enough time and space for spouting their nonsense and lies.

I want to ignore them both, but it would give me such pleasure to rip their pathetic little digs to shreds. It is the principle of the matter after all!

As for being in the middle of an AONB?! :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've long thought that there is a large middle-class reactionary element in our city, totally at odds with the perceived notion of Brighton being a vibrant city.

Every now and then (that is, anytime someone wants to do anything here), they awake from their afternoon slumbers, pour another gin and tonic and look for something to complain about. The Resdients' wing of North Laine Community Association can give the Falmer NIMBYs quite a few lessons in how to complain about absolutely anything. Still, it's interesting to see that it's not only the North Laine that has its fair share of miseries.

But obviously, if you're going to live in the middle of the city, it's going to be noisy. I mean, you've got to think a little bit, haven't you?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I've long thought that there is a large middle-class reactionary element in our city, totally at odds with the perceived notion of Brighton being a vibrant city.

Every now and then (that is, anytime someone wants to do anything here), they awake from their afternoon slumbers, pour another gin and tonic and look for something to complain about. The Resdients' wing of North Laine Community Association can give the Falmer NIMBYs quite a few lessons in how to complain about absolutely anything. Still, it's interesting to see that it's not only the North Laine that has its fair share of miseries.

But obviously, if you're going to live in the middle of the city, it's going to be noisy. I mean, you've got to think a little bit, haven't you?

What's more galling is that the Academy isn't even really in that built up an area. Where your shop is is slightly more residential, but the Academy is virtually in the middle of the party zone in Brighton.

Just goes to show you how much front some people have that the daft bitch who put the comment in the article referred to it having an effect on house prices. What a selfish piece of shit that really is.

If the locals are worried about how much profit they can make on their housing, they should move to Craigavon, County Armagh.

55% in the last year. And quiet.

Just look at what's happening next month:-

ACTIVITIES AT PORTADOWN TOWN HALL

September 1st
The popular musical "Joseph" will be performed by the talented Junior Pheonix Players; previous performances include "Les Mes" and "Fiddler on the Roof" a special date for your diary!
For details contact 028 3833 5888

September 8th
From classical to modern, all tastes of music are catered for at the Record and CD Fair, so come along to buy or browse from 10.00 am

September 11th
Country Comes to Town presents Show band Stars brought back to life on the big screen. Top impersonator Derek Blevins duets with the stars of the past. Great night with a difference not to be missed! Admission £10-00
For details contact 028 3833 5264 or 07889625523

September 13th
Country Comes to Town country night with the popular and talented "Louise Morrissey" and her band also appearing Anthony McBrien and compere for the evening is Gary Wilson Admission £10-00
For details contact 028 3833 5264 or 07889625523

September 15th
Country Comes to Town Car Boot Sale in Town Hall Car park fro 10-00am
For details contact 028 3833 7014

September 20th and 21st
Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service
For details contact 028 3833 5264

September 29th
Philatelic Association Annual Exhibition, a varied and extensive display of stamps, postcards and memorabilia are on display for this annual fair, come and browse or buy from exhibitors from all parts of the country from 10-00am
For details contact 028 3833 5264

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
It might just be a bit of fun and games. Going for a 4am and 6am licence is very liberal and I don't know of many places in Brighton that have it. They knew though that they would get this kind of reaction whatever they went for so they deliberately went for this and then withdrew. They can now come back to the council with say 2am and 4am licences, proving that they'e "taken residents views into account" They probably get the licence and can then vary it later on to increase their hours.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It might just be a bit of fun and games. Going for a 4am and 6am licence is very liberal and I don't know of many places in Brighton that have it. They knew though that they would get this kind of reaction whatever they went for so they deliberately went for this and then withdrew. They can now come back to the council with say 2am and 4am licences, proving that they'e "taken residents views into account" They probably get the licence and can then vary it later on to increase their hours.

I thought the same thing!

Also why need one till 6am anyway. I must be getting old :(

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
concerned that club nights at the venue could lead to up to 600 revellers spilling out onto the street at 6am.
obviously goes out alot. i have never been anywhere that is still even half full at the close. 50 or so knackerd clubers at 6am is not the same as a dozen piss head rolling out at 1130.

We will never stop fighting against this venue as it represents everything negative and dangerous that can happen to a city centre
what, people enjoying themselves? f*** off to some village then. the whole point of city centres is noise, crowds, activity.

ive seen the same story when venues want to reopen in Soho. why do these people want to live there in the first place? cackbadgers is far to tame a word for the contempt i feel for these people how price out those that do want to live in vibrant, busy places.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
obviously goes out alot. i have never been anywhere that is still even half full at the close. 50 or so knackerd clubers at 6am is not the same as a dozen piss head rolling out at 1130.

what, people enjoying themselves? f*** off to some village then. the whole point of city centres is noise, crowds, activity.

ive seen the same story when venues want to reopen in Soho. why do these people want to live there in the first place? cackbadgers is far to tame a word for the contempt i feel for these people how price out those that do want to live in vibrant, busy places.
Cuntbadgers?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I love her more.

Your reply had me in stiches, here, if you don't mind.....

Sue.

Suesy, suesy, sue.

Once again I'm in total agreement with you. The only noise that we should have at that time is the gentle snoring of the Mile Oak children, perhaps the innocuous foraging of the Sussex cackbadger and the early morning bowel movements at the Genteel Hove Care Home for the Mentally Bewildered of which I know you reside.

I think we ought to volunteer our services to these folks. Lead them back to the path of righteousness if you will.

I suggest that people rise early at 5 a.m. Do a spot of hoovering and write to the Argus about those nasty peopel who abuse us when we feed the pigeons. Breakfast at 6 a.m., a light nap and then queueing for the Post Office at 7am ready for it to open at 9.30

Then a light nap, a quick letter to the Argus complaining about children's voices coming from the local primary school whilst we're trying to write angry letters or have a nap. And then a light nap. Battenburg, tea and watch a bit of that Deal or No Deal with that lovely Noel Edmonds. (I know dear. A lovely trimmed beard he's got.) Followed by a nap. Just time to write a letter to the Argus complaining about why buses are painted red and then off to bed.

Why, oh why won't they listen to us, Sue.

:lolol::lolol::bowdown::bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here