Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's here, it's here, The Football season is here

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just out of interest, how long does one have to support the Albion to stop being a Johnny Come Lately? Ten years? Twenty?

Anyway, it is the first day of the season :clap: and the sun is shining, and I predict a festival of flip-flops with a sprinkling of pink shirts, and a dash of Albion-related incompetence.

Who'd have it ANY other way :eek:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am in a quadry now.....middle of the cricket season...lovelly day ( after weeks of crap) ...Lewes St Michaels umpiring or using my season ticket for a game against Walsall?

I am away for the next two weeks so miss 4 games and laura doesn't want the ticket!

f*** it.....Cricket it is.

bad fan

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
BBC seem to think our last home game at the start of the season was against Mansfield at The Goldstone... oh and they've forgotten about the 10 point deduction Southampton incurred. I hope that's not a sign of their shoddy journalism this season, especially as they're supposed to be covering the Football League for the foreseeable future.

BBC SPORT | Football | League One | Brighton v Walsall

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I am in a quadry now.....middle of the cricket season...lovelly day ( after weeks of crap) ...Lewes St Michaels umpiring or using my season ticket for a game against Walsall?

I am away for the next two weeks so miss 4 games and laura doesn't want the ticket!

f*** it.....Cricket it is.

bad fan

Yeah Dave you douche, go to the cricket and give me your ticket, it can be payback for Bat For Lashes and I'll shout louder than you.

Aug 7, 2009
Looking forward to it today. Taking my daughter for the first time, which I think will get her hooked as I think this season will be a good'un!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
"Bernie the Bolt"

My old commanding officer was called that, fastest running colonel in the British Army back then. When he was a rifle company Major he beat the whole company in a 3 mile BFT.

Your name brings it all back, welcome to the board

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah Dave you douche, go to the cricket and give me your ticket, it can be payback for Bat For Lashes and I'll shout louder than you.

np....how do I get it to you as I have to be at cricket for 1 oclock.....

i am in sainsbury's hove in half an hour?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
woke up and just had the biggest buzz,lovely day,beer breath from last night but ready for more,stick a cheeky accumulator on,get down the boozer and off we go! 4 hours 15 til KO.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
BBC seem to think our last home game at the start of the season was against Mansfield at The Goldstone... oh and they've forgotten about the 10 point deduction Southampton incurred. I hope that's not a sign of their shoddy journalism this season, especially as they're supposed to be covering the Football League for the foreseeable future.

BBC SPORT | Football | League One | Brighton v Walsall

"The Seagulls are starting a league campaign on home soil for the first time in a decade, since a 6-0 victory over Mansfield at the Goldstone Ground in 1999. "

That really is appalling journalism isn't it. :angry:

Aug 7, 2009
"Bernie the Bolt"

My old commanding officer was called that, fastest running colonel in the British Army back then. When he was a rifle company Major he beat the whole company in a 3 mile BFT.

Your name brings it all back, welcome to the board

:thumbsup:

It's the name of one of my friends Horses!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
:yahoo::yahoo:

I truly can't wait for this afternoon. Lets make a good atmophere to inspire the team to victory.
HAPPY NEW SEASON GUYS :wave:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Supported this wonderful club since 1966, and i dont think ive felt this excited ...AND NERVOUS , since our first game in the ,then, Div 1 against the Arse!
I know our hearts rule our heads at time , but lets sooooo hope that this is the start of something special.
Im a long way from home atm, but will be listening and wishing i was with everyone at the Withdean .

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Just out of interest, how long does one have to support the Albion to stop being a Johnny Come Lately? Ten years? Twenty?

You don't get much earlier than supporting the team from birth/having the ability to choose. Surely they don't count as Jonny Come Lately... do they? :p

ITS LESS THAN TWO HOURS TO GO.

COME ON BRIGHTON

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::ascarf::falmer::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Snoop Dogg

Jun 19, 2009
Happy new season to one and all!

About to leave home, hope to see you all there. Lets make some f***ing noise!!

SEA-SEA-SEASIDERS!!! SEA-SEA-SEASIDERS!!!

:ascarf:

BN1SEAGULL

Feb 25, 2007
Just been playing squash over withdean.
Exciting stuff - withdean a hive of activity again - few of the lads doing some warm ups/running this morning - jimmy mac, hawkins, and a few youngsters.
Big Russ and Bloom checking out the pitch - but best of all Gullys Girls going through the warm up routines - good times are back!!.:clap:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good to see the Daily Mirror League One round-up has as us as relegation candidates 'especially as Joel Lynch has quit for Nottingham Forest'.

However will we recover from this massive hammer-blow? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here