Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's hard being green

Dave Stoneman

Dec 29, 2011
Can I just say a big thanks to Seagull fans for the generous and unstinting support you have given to us down at Plymouth Argyle?

As a fan of Argyle for over fifty years I have watched with horror what has unfolded over the last three years or so. I have been unable to understand how a club like us has fallen so far so fast and the antics of the Administrators and one potential buyer was nothing more than a pantomine.
Although the ownership situation has been resolved and there has been some improvement on the playing front, we are stuck at the foot of the FL.

But one thing which has stood out for me is the way in which fans from so many other clubs have gathered around to offer support. Your club was a the spearhead of this support and I would like to offer up my personal thanks to those of you who had put the survival of my club above the rivalries of the game.

If the whole shocking mess ends with our drop into the BCL, then so be it, but I will draw comfort from the fact that genuine fans-such as you- believe that football is something more than the Premiership, big salaries and Sky TV.

Anyway, thanks again.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The Torquay result must have hurt, but otherwise it looks like you're starting to pull it together. We were 11 points adrift at one point in 96/7 and still stayed up - you're still in touch, there are plenty of games left to get out of it.

Good luck, chap, and thanks for the kind words. We do it 'coz we've been there ourselves.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
You will survive & hopefully prosper in the future because enough people like you love your club. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have to have been there to really understand the hurt imo. I hope that things turn around for PA in the near future as sliding towards non league purely through mis management is a bitter bitter pill. Like the Albion in our darkest days, Plymouth are too big a club to be non league. Good luck, really hope you stay up and keep the faith, sometimes it's all that seems to be left tbh. Plenty of time to pull it around this season.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Good to see your crowds are picking up - 12000 or so for the Torquay local derby was it? Hope you can keep them coming for surely that is the way for the club to stabilise and move forwards

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it true the administrators have been sending out random invoices to Argyle fans and organisations with connections to the football club ?

Dave Stoneman

Dec 29, 2011
Good to see your crowds are picking up - 12000 or so for the Torquay local derby was it? Hope you can keep them coming for surely that is the way for the club to stabilise and move forwards

Yes, warsaw, it was a local derby. Could have been worse, it might have been Exeter!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Can I just say a big thanks to Seagull fans for the generous and unstinting support you have given to us down at Plymouth Argyle?

As a fan of Argyle for over fifty years I have watched with horror what has unfolded over the last three years or so. I have been unable to understand how a club like us has fallen so far so fast and the antics of the Administrators and one potential buyer was nothing more than a pantomine.
Although the ownership situation has been resolved and there has been some improvement on the playing front, we are stuck at the foot of the FL.

But one thing which has stood out for me is the way in which fans from so many other clubs have gathered around to offer support. Your club was a the spearhead of this support and I would like to offer up my personal thanks to those of you who had put the survival of my club above the rivalries of the game.

If the whole shocking mess ends with our drop into the BCL, then so be it, but I will draw comfort from the fact that genuine fans-such as you- believe that football is something more than the Premiership, big salaries and Sky TV.

Anyway, thanks again.

close your eyes for a mo. let your worries disappear...open your eyes...what do you know! Plymouth have replaced Creepy Crawley in FL2 1st!! <3 all the best dave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here