Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's going to get REALLY cold

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
West Hoathly Seagull said:
My brother regularly has temperatures in Sapporo of -25 degrees in winter, yes, you read that correctly. They clear the snow off the road, then dump it on the side of the pavement, so you have a huge snow wall between the road and the pavement, so it's like walking along a corridor. Every householder is required to clear his or her bit of pavement. But get this, the roads are heated. Can you imagine anywhere else having that. They even hold a snow festival each year, when they build copies of famous buildings. If you ever go there, the beer hall is well worth going to:drink:

My best friend lives in Asahikawa, near Sapporo. Last year she and her boyfriend decided to forget about driving for a while on the day they couldn't find their car under the snow...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Perfect weather to run into a pub and sit by and open fire with a pint of old...

:drink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
wehatepalace said:
:clap2: :clap2: ski's out of the loft just in case !:clap2:

I'll see you up the downs! Devils Dyke should be a fairly straight forward Red Run, maybe the odd Black bit here or there :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If its -6 in Brighton, on the coast, in an urban area, whats it going to be like inland and rural? The coast and the pollution always make it less cold in Winter

20 miles inland and at the very edge of the city (fields behind my house until they started building on them a month ago...). It gets COLD here in the winter, but its the fact that its so bloody damp thats worst. And I've got a good resistance to cold...

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
MYOB said:
If its -6 in Brighton, on the coast, in an urban area, whats it going to be like inland and rural? The coast and the pollution always make it less cold in Winter

20 miles inland and at the very edge of the city (fields behind my house until they started building on them a month ago...). It gets COLD here in the winter, but its the fact that its so bloody damp thats worst. And I've got a good resistance to cold...

Bugger...

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
CrabtreeBHA said:
I'll see you up the downs! Devils Dyke should be a fairly straight forward Red Run, maybe the odd Black bit here or there :)
i'd love to ski the dyke just to be able to say i've done it !we just don't get the snow like we used to:nono:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Excellent.Black sludge round London then with tubes f***ed,buses packed and 4x4 mum behaving like a lorry drivers strike.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They said that this summer was going to be a scorcher too.:shootself

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oh no they didn't.:lolol:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Great if we have snow again this winter, I had two consecutive snow days off work earlier this year (too dangerous to drive to school for us teachers :D ), here's hoping for more. Sat on my arse drinking tea and eating. Hadn't brought home any marking. Wonderful.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Juan Albion said:
Beat me to it. I was chuckling as soon as I read it. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

We had -3 last week and no-one even noticed.

Hey Juan I like the 'Its going to be REALLY cold' heading lol...

Don't even bother rolling the windows up in the car for - 6.

Heck the barbeque does'nt go away until -20 (if ever).

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lush

They say this every single year !.

We have had about 15 winters in a row now with temperatures 2-4 c above average and make no mistake this winter will be the same.

The winters on the South Coast of England are getting similar to the weather in the South of France with no snow whatsoever and even very few frosts.

Some South Coast farmers are thinking of growing citrus fruit crops down here now as the year round termperatures are so warm and we don;t get any cold weather of frosts anymore.

It will be mild , wet and windy with winds predominantly from the South West.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here