Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its getting windy in EC1

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tesco in Disguise said:
outside my office, a tree's just been blown over, there's an accident on the motorway and the traffic's all standing still. says the wind is gusting at about 100mph

:wow:

Postcode ??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Trotster said:
It was so bad in BN1 on top of the hill, we have evacuated the site and currently working from home

I drove over the top this morning and it was pretty bad. I wonder if the buses are still running over the top to Woodingdean. I wouldn't fancy being on a top deck up there right now.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Have just called my girlfriend in EH9 from my office in G1. While the snow has eased here, it's still flurrying around there. It's a postcode lottery.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Our office in N1 is very windy (outside) infact it would appear they have abandoned construction in higher areas on the building site next door.

As for BN43 at around 06:45 this morning - lucky my umbrella is still in one piece

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Very windy and moist in BN1

(apologies to all, i had a curry last night)

BN5 - mayday mayday, NMH's fences down, repeat, down in his back garden.
Sheets of rain across fields, escarpment slippery under the wellies making climbing and walking back down hazardous.

Nice walkies though, it doesn't matter much what weather we get it's always quite lovely here. :salute: to you townies.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I work in SE11 and always have to go with my plastered brain to the park in lunchhourdom for me and it to relax. Just now, about 25 ft from me a branch much longer and broader than a norwhal, but something more miniscule than a humpback fell to earth and a car's bonnet. SMASH, i heard. Me, and others, walked speedily away, and were glad a car's head rather than ours were shattered.
Scary out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here