Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's G-Day!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
They will have to throw some Piglets Pantry pies in to sweeten the deal. We have moved way beyond the time for biscuits in this dispute i fear.

Hope Gus isn't a vegetarian. You can wait ages for those at the kiosks and there is no other alternative. This could run and run

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't think the fans have turned against gus in any great number. I think the majority who haven't turned yet are waiting to see what happens before jumping on him, but there is a vocal minority who are making the most noise at the moment, with many of them (thou not all) having been itching to have a reason to criticise him for a while.
:thumbsup:
Personally I'm prepared to have a go at Gus if it turns he has done something detrimental to the club but I'll wait and see first I think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks like one of those games where you can tell fairly early on that Gus will be happy with a draw.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hope Gus isn't a vegetarian. You can wait ages for those at the kiosks and there is no other alternative. This could run and run

If they can throw in the veggie curry pie I think we may have a deal. They are well worth the wait.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When Russell salde became our manager, he had been fired by Yeovil for fiddling his expenses (he hadn't been suspended but was dismissed on the spot after a quick investigation).

I think he won the appeal (after becoming our manager).

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Gus clearly suffers from delusions of grandeur. Self confidence is one thing but this guy is on a different planet. The amount of clubs he has been linked to is eye-boggling...Chelsea, Everton, Wigan, Fulham, Reading, Wolves, Leeds...the list goes on. He has successfully courted the media to the extent that he is their new darling. Outside of BHA he is always being talked about. Neutrals say.." You've got a really good manager there...wish we had him "
So..right in the media spotlight and rated highly. There must be a queue of club chairmen out there salivating at the prospect of hiring this new, talented kid on the block. TB must be fighting them off. They all want to get their hands on this hot property.
Well....apparently not. Where is the rush to secure his services? We all thought we would be trampled in the stampede.
Has the penny dropped out there? Have enough seeds of doubt been sown to frighten people away? Is he not all he is cracked up to be? Perhaps the Emperor has no clothes after all. Has the incessant talking finally worn everyone down ( he wasn't nicknamed ' radio ' for nothing in his playing days ) Is he more empty vessel than luxury liner? Have eyes been opened by the comments of Vicente? Do we respect his judgement ( 38 full caps for Spain, 50+ representative honours, la Liga titles, legendary status at Valencia....decent club, after all )...clearly and simply doesn't rate the man. Has he got an axe to grind or should we take more notice of this man than anybody?
Time for Gus to take his next chance and prove he has what it takes.
" Taxi "
" Taxi "
Post of the week:clap2:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Is everyone ready for a decision that can't be announced until time has been allowed for the other side to appeal?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:thumbsup:
Personally I'm prepared to have a go at Gus if it turns he has done something detrimental to the club but I'll wait and see first I think.

likewise , although i think he has a shit load to learn both in his managerial skills and in his press management......

don't think it can be put down to cultural/language differences.....he has come across as a bit of a megalomaniac .

his whole demeanour at the amex play-off just screamed......."i am sulking about something". my first instinct is to say thanks but either pul lyour moaning, whining head in....or do one.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is everyone ready for a decision that can't be announced until time has been allowed for the other side to appeal?

This was exactly my thinking, if we do sack him, he will have a chance to appeal if we are following it to the letter of the law, which could be a further two weeks on from here.

I would not be suprised if we sacked him today but Gus dragged it out for a further couple of weeks.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
This was exactly my thinking, if we do sack him, he will have a chance to appeal if we are following it to the letter of the law, which could be a further two weeks on from here.

I would not be suprised if we sacked him today but Gus dragged it out for a further couple of weeks.

Surely any appeal could only be about the amount of compensation (either way), if relationships have irretrievably broken down?

In which case, couldn't we immediately get on with interviewing managers? I assume TB already has a short-list.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

To what end though, from his perspective? If we sack him he will be entitled to a pay off as per his contract, fair enough.

What good would appealing it do? They can't force us to re-employ him shirley, and even if they can why would he want to work for a club that has made clear it doesn't want him, as they would by sacking him?

I get that he could appeal if sacked, I just don't understand why he would.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
To what end though, from his perspective? If we sack him he will be entitled to a pay off as per his contract, fair enough.

What good would appealing it do? They can't force us to re-employ him shirley, and even if they can why would he want to work for a club that has made clear it doesn't want him, as they would by sacking him?

I get that he could appeal if sacked, I just don't understand why he would.

Presumably, if he were to be sacked he'd get nothing, and therefore want to appeal. He doesn't have any time constraints unless he has a job to go to, and we know there aren't many of those around free at the mo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here