Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its finally over

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just heard that Radio Sussex and Surrey have finally axed the phone in due to falling listening figures and responses. Sad after 13 years but inevitable I suppose.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The death was inevitable once you put Mike Ward on. Complete tool.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Shame, as with 20,000 leaving the Amex, it might have got a better response next season.

I would have given it one more year (with decent presenters) and seen how it had gone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The death was inevitable once you put Mike Ward on. Complete tool.

I agree should stick to being a TV critic.

The only good point was heaing John Byrne and the Gus interview, hopefully they will keep the program going long enough to get the interviews from Gus and Steve Evans and then finish it by about 5.30 after the round up of local soccer and then join Dave Cash.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would have thought that with 20,000 leaving The Amex the numbers would have dropped even more as most of those will be walking to public transport or staying for a drin k at The Amex and not listening in the car.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Would have thought that with 20,000 leaving The Amex the numbers would have dropped even more as most of those will be walking to public transport or staying for a drin k at The Amex and not listening in the car.

With 20,000 leaving the ground and the phone-in not starting for twenty minutes or so after the final whistle (national and local results and reports) there will be even more fans just getting to there car etc who would be only to willing to both listen and phone in - very short-sighted by the Beeb considering all that will be happening!!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
With 20,000 leaving the ground and the phone-in not starting for twenty minutes or so after the final whistle (national and local results and reports) there will be even more fans just getting to there car etc who would be only to willing to both listen and phone in - very short-sighted by the Beeb considering all that will be happening!!

My point exactly.

They should have started it at 5.30. Very shortsighted IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here