Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “It’s exciting to be a Brighton fan at the moment”

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Charlton does still hurt. But seeing that United were in the next round makes it slightly easier. Very imprssed with today though!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Charlton does still hurt. But seeing that United were in the next round makes it slightly easier. Very imprssed with today though!
If anything Utd in the next round makes it worse, they wouldn’t want to play us at all. I’d be more confident about playing them than most of the other teams left in it.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
f*** the Charlton fixture.

I'm absolutely certain it's a blessing in disguise, what with the congested fixture list of '23 due to the World Cup.

Would have had to beat more than one of the big 4 to win it, and winning it would have been very, very unlikely.

Yep, it's incredibly exciting to be an Albion fan. European football is VERY possible for the first time in my lifetime.

Wasn't so long ago we'd be blessed with a Tuesday night league fixture at Dag & Red.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Makes it worse IMO. Free win.

Was a good performance today. Might be brought back to earth by Arsenal but overall the game schedule looks pretty nice up until April. Hopefully the results will keep coming.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What I'm struggling to get my head around is how quickly the disappointment, and tbh gutting feeling, of losing Potter has turned completely on its head.

It genuinely feels like losing a pound and then almost immediately finding a fiver :)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
What I'm struggling to get my head around is how quickly the disappointment, and tbh gutting feeling, of losing Potter has turned completely on its head.

It genuinely feels like losing a pound and then almost immediately finding a fiver :)
It's strange, under potter I couldn't see us conceding that much...but couldn't see us scoring that much either.
under RDZ, you know we'll score, but we could concede as well!
I prefer RDZ

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The man is a true leader on and off the pitch.

Will go on to be an excellent manager IMO. I sincerely hope when he does hang up his boots he joins our coaching setup in some capacity.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It's strange, under potter I couldn't see us conceding that much...but couldn't see us scoring that much either.
under RDZ, you know we'll score, but we could concede as well!
I prefer RDZ
I always thought our defensive structure was there before Potter. Hughton had us solid as a rock and the overriding reason why we were able to compete in the first couple of seasons… Potter taught us to pass through the field rather than be so direct and pragmatic… RDZ is like the cherry on the cake… that touch of Italian style that opens the opposition up for the taking… it’s marvellous how we are progressing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Against the grain, I'd rather we'd beaten Charlton. We are comfortablely mid table and I'd rather we won something - which we had a decent chance of doing - rather than hanging on the big 6's coat tails for a possible 7th.

That said, it was a fantastic afternoon in the pub today. Much better than standing in a never ending queue at Charlton. On rail strike TV days, there is something to be said for being an armchair fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here