It's Day One.............

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Yorkie said:
True Pasty, sorry to say.

Smell that ashtray before you empty it.

:eek:

When I've been in the pub after a game my hair smells and my clothes smell from other people's fags.
My Girlfriend smokes :nono: I hate it. She stopped for 2 weeks and was doing really well then met up with her best mate and had a fag!! I was well pissed off.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yorkie said:
True Pasty, sorry to say.

Smell that ashtray before you empty it.

:eek:

When I've been in the pub after a game my hair smells and my clothes smell from other people's fags.
That's why i didn't smoke in the car last weekend.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
John Boy said:
Sounds good, I'll assist you :clap2: :D
OK,my missus will do my food, i'll do the away games and you can get the beers in.:clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
In all seriousness bakesy my dad used to smoke then one day decided enough was enough and stopped. No help what-so-ever, will power alone.Hasnt smoked for 8 years. So it can be done.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
eagles #1 said:
It'll take years for you to free your smoke filled lungs. You'll be breathing it out for quite a while. :smokin:

Carry on smoking and you will end up with the brain function of a lifetime Palarse supporter....The truth is...(from the NoSmokingDay website)..

The Health Benefits of Stopping

The health benefits of stopping smoking start almost immediately:

* 20 minutes: Blood pressure and pulse return to normal.
* 8 hours: Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in the blood are halved, oxygen levels in the blood return to normal.
* 24 hours: Carbon monoxide is eliminated from the body and the lungs start to clear out the build up of tar.
* 48 hours: There is no nicotine left in the body. Taste and smell are greatly improved.
* 72 hours: Breathing becomes easier, bronchial tubes begin to relax, energy levels increase.
* 2 - 12 weeks: Circulation improves, making walking and running a lot easier.
* 3 - 9 months: Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems improve as the lungs have room for up to 10% more oxygen.
* 5 years: Risk of heart attack is halved.
* 10 years: Risk of lung cancer is halved.
* 10 years: Risk of heart attack is at the same level as non-smokers.
* Medium to long-term: Risk of developing lung cancer, other cancers, heart attack, stroke and chronic lung disease is reduced - the sooner you stop, the sooner your risk starts going down.
* Medium to long-term: Stopping smoking at any age increases your life expectancy, provided that you stop before the onset of serious disease. Even if you have developed a disease, you can benefit from stopping as your body will be under less strain and be able to fight it more easily.
* Medium to long-term: A smoker who has suffered from a heart attack can halve the risk of a second heart attack by stopping smoking.
* Medium to long-term: Ten years after stopping smoking an ex-smoker's risk of lung cancer is reduced by 30 - 50% compared with that of a continuing smoker.
* Medium to long-term: Smokers who stop before the age of 35 have a life expectancy not significantly different from that of a non-smoker.
* Medium to long-term: Smokers who stop between 65 and 74 years of age have a better life expectancy beyond 75 than those who continue to smoke.
* For life:
o Reduce stress
o Any physical activity is easier
o Don't tire as quickly
o Improve sense of taste and smell
o Improved skin

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
eagles #1 said:
My Boyfriend smokes :nono: I hate it. He stopped for 2 weeks and was doing really well then met up with his best mate and had a fag!! I was well pissed off.
Never mind......:ohmy:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
eagles #1 said:
In all seriousness bakesy my dad used to smoke then one day decided enough was enough and stopped. No help what-so-ever, will power alone.Hasnt smoked for 8 years. So it can be done.
I'M GOING TO DO IT a) For my health
b) For my wealth and
c)To :shutup: All the people that say i won't succeed.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
eagles #1 said:
I love you. :D
Don't go overboard...........i think you've been spending too much time on this board!!:lolol: :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
MYOB said:
Big Girls Blouse. Never met a guy who smokes Silk Cut, or John Player Blue, unless their wife/girlfriend started them on it
Read the post properly..............then comment.:rolleyes:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
bakesy said:
.........Of No Smoking.................Am i climbing the walls or what?
I wish we were playing Palace today............I'D take 'em all on single handed:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

Giving up smoking is easy mate (8 months now) Just move to a country where you can't smoke in pubs. Makes it so much easier to give up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Best of luck mate. :bounce:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
dougdeep said:
Best of luck mate. :bounce:
Cheers mate...........day 2 has been easier than i thought it may be.....still getting bad cravings but the longer i go, the more i want to succeed.:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bakesy said:
Cheers mate...........day 2 has been easier than i thought it may be.....still getting bad cravings but the longer i go, the more i want to succeed.:clap2:

:clap2: :clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Good luck with it :)
Tar.................excuse the pun.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here