Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s amazing how well results have gone our way

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
True but Villa only have 1, Liverpool away, Bournemouth only have, 1 City away and Watford only have 1, City at Home

Liverpool and City away presents a harder match than at home

Villa may have 1, Liverpool Away, but they also have Man U and Arsenal at Home.
Bournemouth may have 1, City Away, but they also have Man U at Home and Spurs and Leicester Away.
Watford may have 1, City at Home, but they also have Chelsea and Arsenal Away.

What exactly is your point?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Are we better off playing the top 2 now the championship has been decided, than teams trying to get in the CL. I think I’d rather play the top two than Chelsea, Tottenham, Wolves, etc. all with something to play for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are we better off playing the top 2 now the championship has been decided, than teams trying to get in the CL. I think I’d rather play the top two than Chelsea, Tottenham, Wolves, etc. all with something to play for.

Liverpool are going for a record points tally so unlikely to take their foot off the gas. City maybe thinking about Europe and the FA Cup though

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I think we will survive now but I do not believe it will be any easier to get something against Liverpool or city than before title was decided. There is no chance that Liverpool will be on the beach they only have league matches to playand while city will be focussing elsewhere pride will prevent them just easing up.

Utd will be very difficult given the competition for Champions league positions.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Liverpool are going for a record points tally so unlikely to take their foot off the gas. City maybe thinking about Europe and the FA Cup though

You may be right, however, performance levels for Liverpool will , I think drop a little due to them having achieved their ultimate aim, and they wouldn’t be human if they didn’t unconsciously ease up a bit.
I didn’t think Liverpool were that good against Everton, they were a different kettle of fish against Palace though, when they needed the result.
So, I think we may only get beat by 2 goals , not 6.:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't. City and Liverpool have been relentlessly hoovering up points and wins from absolutely everyone. It's because they are bloody good. Put it this way: if Chelsea and Man Utd operate on a different level from ourselves, then City and Liverpool do the same to them. Liverpool have dropped 5 points all season which even by their standards is absolutely extraordinary. City too can operate at close to that sort of level.

We have taken points off all three teams you mention (and loads off Arsenal!) this season, yet we've been in this division for 3 seasons now and have barely laid a glove on Liverpool or Man City in that time. That's 10 matches, zero points for us.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
But....but.....but................. the media keeps telling us we're the only team in the whole world that hasn't won a match in the whole of 2020 (up until the recent win against Arse) - even in the commmentary on Watford-Southampton today, the Sky commentator couldn't stop himself reminding the world that Brighton were still very much in the mix (whatever relevance that has to Watford v. Southampton anyway).

Actually, IIRC, we drew most of them.................................

you can always press the 'mute' button on commentary........with empty stadia they have to think of even more drivel to come out with !!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I’d give us a decent chance against Utd. Liverpool may already be on the beach having been confirmed champions and City will be more interested in the Cups so, who knows!?

Given that I expected little against Arsenal and Leicester that’s really optimistic for me......

Seems the break has done great things for us and the reverse for the other relegation candidates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will also be true when our relgation rivals play them:shrug:

Villa may have 1, Liverpool Away, but they also have Man U and Arsenal at Home.
Bournemouth may have 1, City Away, but they also have Man U at Home and Spurs and Leicester Away.
Watford may have 1, City at Home, but they also have Chelsea and Arsenal Away.

What exactly is your point?

It you followed the thread you will see my point, nothing to do with any other teams expect City and Liverpool

I noticed last night that Palace's remaining fixtures are against the current 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th teams, all fighting for the European places, plus Villa fighting to avoid relegation. Not saying Palace are in a relegation battle, but they have a pretty tough remainder of the season ahead!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still going...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I noticed last night that Palace's remaining fixtures are against the current 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th teams, all fighting for the European places, plus Villa fighting to avoid relegation. Not saying Palace are in a relegation battle, but they have a pretty tough remainder of the season ahead!
They could quite easily not get another point this season.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
After speaking to some moron at work today(about last nights game, the a***hole), I informed this armchair plastic that we were probably safe on the points we have now. It is tiresome explaining to idiots how other results have impacted the points total for each club

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Much as we were going for the Championship title? I'm not so sure - I think they will take foot off gas. CV19 and "30 years of hurt", blah, blah - reckon they will be resting for next season. MC nothing to risk against us - put out 2nd string. Utd were foot on the gas last night - they needed it, and it showed. Be good to a point from one of those 2?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Much as we were going for the Championship title? I'm not so sure - I think they will take foot off gas. CV19 and "30 years of hurt", blah, blah - reckon they will be resting for next season. MC nothing to risk against us - put out 2nd string. Utd were foot on the gas last night - they needed it, and it showed. Be good to a point from one of those 2?

Maybe... Citeh play their cup semi a week later and Bmuff in between but even their ‘fringe’ players would be tough to play against. Liverpool and City will tear us a new one if we play a first half like last night!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think Liverpool are a bit more professional than we were though and they do want the record points haul. I expect nothing and will be happy with keeping it to 0-2

Lucky I’m not Albion manager :wink:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
God bless Toon and it’s population of idiots

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Not one single Liverpool or City scenario will alter the fact that we will end up with 0 points from both games. Whoever they put out on the pitch, however they play, we will not get near them.

Sorry and all that, but its best we accept this now. We have other opportunities for the remaining 3-4 points we might need. These games are a write-off, as they have been each time we've faced them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here