Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's All Coppells Fault

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Re: Re: Re: It's All Coppells Fault

Mr C said:
That's a fair point cos JM would probably have gone somewhere else then.
That's just what he said, he would have moved on to the next name on his shortlist.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Lets look at the bigger picture here.

Why did Madejski go after Coppell? Because Pardew left.

Why did Coppell choose to go? Because (his words) it wouldn't have been an issue if BHA had the stadium and facilities to match.

Why haven't you got the stadium and facilities to match? Because a pair of twats tried to run your club and sell off a perfectly decent ground and lined their pockets with as much money as they possibly could.

Why did they do that? Because they are evil corporate fat-cat scum.

Why? ---> there's the end.

I think that pretty much everything that is still happening adversely to BHA can be attributed to the aftershock of the Bellotti/Archer fiasco.

Get Falmer... at least that'll then be a start.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
If DK hadn't given permission for SC to talk to Reading - SC would have resigned in order to talk to them. Sounds familiar??? that's exactly what Pardew did.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I've only read the thread title and haven't read the thread but must say It's Dick Tights fault we are in this mess. If he had got coppell in the first place when he had the chance then we would laughing.

He tryed to do things on the cheap and now he is going to pay for his misjudgement.

Tight is to blame and no one else, Full stop!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
I've only read the thread title and haven't read the thread but must say It's Dick Tights fault we are in this mess. If he had got coppell in the first place when he had the chance then we would laughing.

He tryed to do things on the cheap and now he is going to pay for his misjudgement.

Tight is to blame and no one else, Full stop!!

The only thing Dick Tight doesn't do on the cheap is the price of season tickets, nuff said.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Personally i don't think dick tried his hardest to keep him
here because he was more interested in the compensation
in order to pay the ever burgeoning bills towards falmers
legal costs.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It doesn't take a genius to realise that Coppout wanted to talk to Reading. Why prevent him talking? All that would have given us was a manager who didn't want to be here which would have led to him being kicked out and then no compensation for the maggot.

Still not found the A27 then ernest? Shame.

triptolemus

Oct 7, 2003
Wilts said:

I think that pretty much everything that is still happening adversely to BHA can be attributed to the aftershock of the Bellotti/Archer fiasco.

I agree with this. Why were no fans coopted onto the board after businessmen had disinherited the Club ? The fate of the club is still in the hands of self-seeking entrepreneurs and politicians, in obscure collusion that nobody outside the inner circle can really make an assessment of. The fans pour money into the club, through ticket-money, franchises, even donations, but the decisions about who goes and stays remain autocratic, in the hands of a few people who have a double agenda. Yes, they too want success for the club, but only after enhancing their own financial and political interests.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Re: Re: It's All Coppells Fault

Don Tmatter said:
If Reading had been refused permission to speak to him and DK told him he was wanted here, he would still be here.

Fair point. Just how much effort, I wonder, did DK make to persuade Coppell to stay. Not much from where I was standing.

:(

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Pavilionaire said:
We're still talking about his decision to leave because it's only now becoming apparent how instrumental he was as regards our results.

He is a tactical genius who tightened up our defence and got us playing decent football. He also used the loan system brilliantly. His departure is the main reason why the whole team, to a man, are playing poorly.

I think this sums it up.
The man lived and breathed football.
I for one was sorry to see him go,you dont get many like him at Clubs like ours.

Slag him off all you like,but we wouldnt be in this sort of mess if he was still here now!

If only DK had tried to keep him instead of thinking about Compensation Money.:censored:

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
GUNTER said:
If the greedy, gay and disloyal tosser had not walked, we would not be in this crap.

He knew how to get the best out of the players and had them playing above their abilities. He also believed in attractive football.

McGhee needs some time but I am concerned about long-ball tactics. We do not have the players to cope with this system and it is not the sort of thing we have been used to seeing anyway.

Mc Ghee will get it right eventually - but in the meantime, I hope Coppell suffers his worst run of injuries ever and then gets sacked. :angry:

Steve Coppell barmy army....6 wins out of 8:clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Tell you what Royal.
Youve got one of the best managers in the Football League there with you.

It is a shame people on here dont realise what we let go without a fight and what we have got now in his place.

Good Luck to you mate,although you wont need it with SC running your lot.

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
Charlies Shinpad said:
Tell you what Royal.
Youve got one of the best managers in the Football League there with you.

It is a shame people on here dont realise what we let go without a fight and what we have got now in his place.

Good Luck to you mate,although you wont need it with SC running your lot.

Its all about money..thats why pardudas left..... coppell is far better than pardudas .......hope pardudas fcks up

Re: Re: It's All Coppells Fault

Don Tmatter said:
If Reading had been refused permission to speak to him and DK told him he was wanted here, he would still be here.

Yes, how close we came to being tied to that useless turd even longer.

Good riddance, thankfully DK could see how he was making the team into crap with football that was soon going to be found out anyway.

No regrets then, coppout is gone and now we can look forward to some decent football.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Royal said:
Its all about money..thats why pardudas left..... coppell is far better than pardudas .......hope pardudas fcks up

As we all hope Coppout fucks up. And he will....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:
its knights fault its silent who puts them there in 1st place

So we're using FG today are we? :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Thank f*** I have to go out and see some customers today so I don't have to scroll thru pages of your shite.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
portslade seagull said:
Personally i don't think dick tried his hardest to keep him
here because he was more interested in the compensation
in order to pay the ever burgeoning bills towards falmers
legal costs.
Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here