Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's all a bit shit really....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Watching your own team when you care is fine.

Watching a neutral match is absolute turd.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You mean, Man City v Burnley?

A one-sided neutral game is shite under any circumstances.

Annoyed they had this as the stand alone game tonight. We’ve all seen that same match 50 times now - it’s boring (as much as city are fantastic)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Which is why having 6 teams (bottom 5 and the scum) we want to lose every game is great - I do love this stage of the season if you’re in a promotion / relegation battle personally!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I thought this way when watching the Bundesliga, and the opening games of the PL. Boring, no fans, no atmosphere, all a bit shit. Then we played and I was glued to it from the first second just like any other Albion game, turns out I just don't much care for anyone else. Went BALLISTIC in the 94th, my voice is still ****ed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've watched most games and found the crowd noise takes my mind off the empty seats.

It's not how we'd like it but it's footie and it's back.

Plus for the first time we can see any game we want if we feel so inclined.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I nearly always turn off the sound when watching palace games on the TV the song they sing over and over again gets on my nerves. Put some music on instead and continue to hope the opposing team wins.

You watch Palace games, even when we're not playing them? If I've recorded MoTD I'll fast-forward past them even if they've lost! I respect your patience and above all your endurance!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is it as good as normal? Of course it isn't, we're not there. However, is it better than nothing then of course it is.

Even though I still don't think footie should have restarted especially as with the changes they have moved the goalposts from the start of the season making it a different competition you got to make the most of it. Personally, we had piglet pantry pies on Saturday and a few cans of Heinekin. Tonight, will be having a Pukka Pie with some Thai lager (Singha as couldn't get hold of Chang which they serve at the King Power). The downside of this is that at some point I'm going to have to buy some Carling!!!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Agree. Often I can watch a neutral match but it just feels so devoid of anything

Hope the powers that be now realise football is nothing without fans

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I may be in a minority but, since we have no home crowd for the rest of the season, I'm now certain we'll stay up.

Not having the crowd screaming at Webster, Stephens, Propper etc etc whilst they endeavour to adapt the Hughton style to the Potter style has to be a good thing. Even last season, I always felt like we had more chance away from home than at home as there's less pressure applied.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Annoyed they had this as the stand alone game tonight. We’ve all seen that same match 50 times now - it’s boring (as much as city are fantastic)

I don't understand what is not to like? City are an absolute joy to watch when they are firing which they have been in both their games so far.

They are going to ****ing annihilate us (again) in a couple of weeks......that probably won't be as enjoyable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I posted on another thread, I thought the BT crowd track was a lot better than I'd heard on other games (dodgy US streams but was, I think, the Sky crowd track).

The BT track was more synced to the game. I recall commenting to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] that when Leno went off there was some respectful clapping, as always happens when an opposing player leaves on a stretcher.

The only criticism I had was that it needed to be more home-centric. On a few occasions, I think it was when one of our players did something "bad", the supposed crowd reaction/booing was not how a small group of away fans would sound.

Overall though, I'd give it a solid 8/10, which was better than I was expecting.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Have to say really enjoyed the Cheltenham Northampton game....apart from whoever was constantly effing and jeffing from sidelines.......in these times can't be beyond reason to be able to warn sidelines for bad language and book them if they carry on?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
As I posted on another thread, I thought the BT crowd track was a lot better than I'd heard on other games (dodgy US streams but was, I think, the Sky crowd track).

The BT track was more synced to the game. I recall commenting to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] that when Leno went off there was some respectful clapping, as always happens when an opposing player leaves on a stretcher.

The only criticism I had was that it needed to be more home-centric. On a few occasions, I think it was when one of our players did something "bad", the supposed crowd reaction/booing was not how a small group of away fans would sound.

Overall though, I'd give it a solid 8/10, which was better than I was expecting.

I watched our game without crowd noise and really enjoyed hearing the players shouting at each other - in particular how much Dunk was directing March's play - "Solly, stay back"... ..."Solly, close him now", etc.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It's definitely not the same as the real thing.
But I have been enjoying it considerably more than I expected. Especially our match.

It's nice to have something to worry about that doesn't matter.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
I'm surprised they've not let the artificial crowd noises in the stadiums themselves, think it would give the players a slight lift and make it feel different to just a glorified training match.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I thought that was quite good fun (the getting it a bit wrong parts).

"For ****'s sake Barry why did you press the 'BOO' button?!"

"It's OK I've got this......shit."

"You did it again you t***!"

But yes, overall I agree that they are doing a decent job.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Recjon the way forward is drilling down subscriptions to watch your own team's games only. Virtual Season Ticket anyone? Liverpool v Everton, say, was just so DRAB for a neutral. Seems to me like even the broadcasters can't be arsed anymore to hype that stuff up in an empty stadium. Emperor's new clothes without the passion of the fans in the ground no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here