Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its a lovely day out, snowman making anyone?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
So about 3 weeks ago it was -42C here, today is somewhere around +10C and what better to do then to make some snowmen. At the start of the winter I made some Villa snowmen for the first snowfall which prompted Evan to request when the time was right again to make a Brighton snowman. Unfortunetly, that time hasnt come until now so I was out back having arts and crafts time!

brighton.jpg

brighton1.jpg

If anyone is wondering, the shirt and scarf were Evans. His parents were going to donate them to a local salvation army but I figured no one here will really appreciate anything like that and I cant let them go to waste like that. Hence the reason they are now in my posession.

england.jpg

Scarf came from a cousin who went to South Africa, shirt and hat were Evans.

Made my newest Villa snowmen as well.

me.jpg

maddie1.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Plenty of it here for ya! We have had over 3 ft but with a warm spell back in Decemeber and the one at the moment a fair bit of it was melted. Only about a foot on the ground right now.

:US:

What? I'm just saying that I wouldn't want to go 12 rounds with you. That's all.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
ile get back to you , im doing the dusting at the mo :)

Working on those Biceps eh Tay?
Quality pictures,have a very good mate who lives in canada and he loves it over there:)

Fantastic place to live :). Lots of space! Unless your in Toronto or Vancouver....

Just a quick question. Were you not cold in the snow with what you had on? :laugh:
Not really, sun was so warm out didnt bother me much. Cold doesnt bother me, I wear shorts till like -20C and am comfortable haha. The joys of growing up in the middle of no where is that we get alot of cold and snow and it doesnt bother you much. Though -42 can be a bit harsh.... done -54 before as well...yuck

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Great stuff. Is it really shorts weather though?!

To the average person notters most likely not. But like I said when it was -42 not to long ago andn ow its 50 degress warmer outside you need to celebrate! Its also a very warm +10 :D

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Loving the cookies for eyes! :lol: But blimey thats cold, you grew up with the cold and me being Australian grew up in the heat. Euurgh I hated it so much I moved!!

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Loving the cookies for eyes! :lol: But blimey thats cold, you grew up with the cold and me being Australian grew up in the heat. Euurgh I hated it so much I moved!!
I think the celery nose is pretty badass as well, esspecially considering all the talk on here about it as of late :lolol: I lived in Florida for a year that is stupid hot and humid and I nearly melted to death I swear. Dont know how you deal with the heat, but I suppose you wonder how I deal with -40 :p

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yup I do wonder! - I sat in Foxboro stadium in the falling snow at about zero and thought I'd turn into an ice cube so when you say -40 I can't even begin to comprehend! Don't all your pipes freeze and stuff (not your personal pipes but your house pipes and stuff)? Do you put parrafin lamps under your cars overnight?

When I was younger alot of what I remember is about not being able to sleep at night. Long summers when it didn't drop below 27 - 29 degrees overnight and none of us had airconditioning back then. It was horrible. I like the UK weather now because of that. Especially the rain, in Australia rain gives life and we wait and pray for it. So I love it which is why I love the weather here in the UK.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Yup I do wonder! - I sat in Foxboro stadium in the falling snow at about zero and thought I'd turn into an ice cube so when you say -40 I can't even begin to comprehend! Don't all your pipes freeze and stuff (not your personal pipes but your house pipes and stuff)? Do you put parrafin lamps under your cars overnight?

When I was younger alot of what I remember is about not being able to sleep at night. Long summers when it didn't drop below 27 - 29 degrees overnight and none of us had airconditioning back then. It was horrible. I like the UK weather now because of that. Especially the rain, in Australia rain gives life and we wait and pray for it. So I love it which is why I love the weather here in the UK.

Sounds like my time in Florida. Would be 30-35 during the day with like 95% humidity and at night it would cool off to 25-27 but still the same humidity. With an italian roomate who didnt beleive in AC.....many sleepless nights lol. THere was a week back 2 years ago where it was -50 to -54 at night/early morning and it would "heat up" to -35ish durting the day. THat was a shit week.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here