Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a good job we keep winning

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Our GD is effectively like another point to us.
No it's not, at least not when it comes to SCC. They are ten points behind, so to draw level with us on points they would need to win three and draw one while we lose four. Even if all their victories in this sequence were by just one goal, and all our defeats by just one goal, they would still go ahead of us on goal difference.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You mean "mathematically", not "easily". Easily means winning football matches at a stroll, and they need to win 3, or 2 and draw 2 of those games in hand. Not as easy done as said - and we are not talking about a top side with unbeatable record here - it's orient. MK dons look better placed by having the point lead.

The same orient currently averaging 2.5 points a game !!

That said I think they won't keep that up but they could go close to sneaking in

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No it's not, at least not when it comes to SCC. They are ten points behind, so to draw level with us on points they would need to win three and draw one while we lose four. Even if all their victories in this sequence were by just one goal, and all our defeats by just one goal, they would still go ahead of us on goal difference.

I was comparing this against a possible team that could send us to the playoffs. If what you suggest happened SCC would win the league but we would still be promoted due to the fact that only SCC have played the same mumber of games as us.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This is our season, obviously the job isn't finished yet but I am confident that we can at least match the results of the chasing pack for the next 7 or 8 games. Nobody has won more games or lost less, only posh have scored more and nobody has a defence as tight as ours. Yes other teams are hitting a run of form, and about bloody time too but will they be able to carry on like we have and do even better than we are at the moment? 6 wins from our last 12 games will be plenty for promotion but gus will not just settle for that, he along with tano and Charlie will push the team until the last minute of Notts county away to get every available win I am sure. Obviously there will be ups and downs and I don't expect us to remain unbeaten until the end of the season but for a change we have had the luck with last minute winners and own goals, the things that historically have gone against us.

So yes, it's a good job we have been winning but with the exception of a 5 or 6 week run after Hartlepool away that's pretty much what we have been doing all season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here