Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its a cricket thread you know, please don't read it and then complain,thats pointless

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Surrey are urgently considering their options in the hope of signing a replacement for Pakistani spinner Saqlain Mushtaq.

Saqlain has been a key figure for Surrey in the past four years
Pakistan recall Saqlain

He has returned home for the third Test against Bangladesh in Multan and will not be returning to The Oval this summer.

Surrey currently head the Division One table in both the County Championship and National League.

But they have lost the initiative in the Championship title race to Sussex, who are only one point behind and have a game in hand.

Surrey face in-form Kent at Canterbury on Thursday, with Sussex beginning a home game against Middlesex 24 hours later.

If Surrey are to draft in a new signing, they would like to do so in time for the Kent match.

But a club spokesman said they would only bring someone in if he added extra quality to the team.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
they shouldn't be allowed to do this!!!!

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Watching a bit of the Somerset - Lancashire game last night, Lancs Stuart Law was in the commentary box with Charles Colville. The subject got round to overseas players and Stuart Law is of the opinion that counties should only be allowed to sign 2 overseas players for the whole summer. If they get injured or called up for their Country, then they should not be allowed to be replaced, as would happen if it was an English qualified player. He thought counties like Lancs & Sussex, who have signed players who are available all year, have showed sound business and common sense in following the policy they have.

Sounded like a good bloke - for an Aussie anyway!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly Johners, it makes a mockery of the game to allow teams to draft in playesr for the odd game.
Anyway, as Sussex have shown, consistency reigns in cricket.

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
True. Allowing two overseas players is a good comprimise, this then allows for international call-ups.
If you can replace them willy-nilly that you end up with a "My Australian's better than yours" competition.
It's impossible to argue that's good for the English game.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My first reaction was 'Cheats - isn't there an equivalent of the football transfer deadline?' But then I mellowed a bit and thought, well, they are losing all those players to Test cricket - and at least in football they don't actually play important League games at the same time as Internationals.

Also I want to beat them fair and square, I don't want them saying we won the title by default. After all most of the football world still thinks we only won Div 3 because Chesterfield had nine points deducted.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I agree with Brovian, let's not worry what Surrey do. All we have to do is get maximum points from our 3 games and the Championship is ours.
Mind you that is asking a lot..................

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Surrey shouldn't be dismissed just yet. Middlesex have a strong batting lineup that could frustrate our bowlers. Lancashire are more than capable of beating us at Old Trafford and Leicestershire are fighting for Divison 1 survival.

Naaaaaah fcuk it "were gonna win the league" :clap: :clap:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
who needs KKK membership forms?

Come on, i know your out there.

:rolleyes:

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
i FEEL ANOTHER PIEMAN COMING ON........
pieman.jpg

Mmmmmmm, Pies..........

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
:)

:nono:

:salute:

One in the post Tim.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

There's always the KKKK.
Key Klobber Kirtley Klub,which the S Africans have just joined too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here