Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its a bitter pill to swallow but

reesoid

Oct 1, 2011
Guys, a few of weeks ago, we (Ipswich) were getting trounced by Southampton and Peterborough, but look at our recent results. Everyone in this league is capable of beating each other, that's what makes it one of the best leagues in the world.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
How on earth did Peterboro beat Ipswich 7-1 !? I know they had 2 sent off but it was 4-1 before they lost their first player...........Ipswich were my pre season tip along with Leicester, no disgrace in getting beat today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't agree that we are not good enough, the core is good Greer, Bridcutt, Vicente, CMS are good enough and at the moment are being let down by some weak play in midfield

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ipswich had around 6 players who have played in the Premiership today and we have none, big difference in quality

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All but Cresswell in our starting line up have Premier League experience.

You must have a huge wage bill so how come the club can afford it ?

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Don't panic, come on before the first game where did you honestly see ourselves finishing this year? For me - mid-table and I still think this. We had a relatively easy start in terms of fixtures and there was always going to be times when we would lose a couple of games in a row. Our confidence appears low so we need to play our part and get behind the team, a win against Hull and the confidence will come back.
We have Buckley to return and I suspect we will see a couple of loans in to strengthen at the back.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Look on the bright side , we could support a really shit football team whose only notable signing over the summer was a freebie reject from their rivals and in all honesty surviving another relegation tussle is all they have to look forward to.

The same team that wiped the floor with you Tuesday. 3-1 little seaweed, 3-1

The same team who have some of the best youngsters outside the Prem.

The same freebie reject who smashed in the third Tuesday and scored another beauty today agaisnt a top side.

The same freebie reject who Gus tried to keep by offering a 2 year contract.

Relegation tussle? Were looking at top half with an outside push at the play offs. 4 defeats in 31 home games, Fortress Selhurst. If anyone, it's your mob that should be worried about a 'tussle' Looks like the wheels are really coming off the Gus bus...

You're not very good at predictions are you Grimbo? You went for 6-0 before Tuesday :facepalm: :bigwave:

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
They're rubbish, Gus is rubbish, linesmen are rubbish, dogs can't talk like they make out they can in their sleep, women don't love you like they say they will, there's probably a single hair in one of every ten cartons of microwaveable custard pints, when you grow old your fully-grown children might ship you off to a home sooner than you expected to be, you do actually mature to a point where your tatebuds at first don't mind broccoli so much and then do grow to like it, Alfred Hitchcock and Daphne Du Maurier got it right and birds do intend to attack us collectively at some point - i sniff a collaboration between the buzzard and the sparrow, the latter perching on each of the former's wings with little pistols to shoot us down with when the time is right and the otters have failed in their attempt, it's very difficult to make a bed in the same style as somebody else and have them truly satisfied when they climb in, some maniacs, often women, like a little dollop of butter in the middle of the toast and don't spread it to the very edges of the now very dry bread, not all of Michael Jackson's medical staff were completely on his side, the 20-minute adverts for skin-care or incredible bras that dominate inactive tv channels are more appealing than the brief ones on regular channels where only a fragment of the product you're meant to love is flashed, Helen Mirren isn't young and attractive any more just like we won't be even if we never were, golf is invariably a more pleasant background noise than horse racing with all that huffing and light whipping and crunches of broken legs and golf the lightest of distant applause and an old man whispering, some cops are good cops and where their badges guilt-free and their hats not entirely gaily, referees sometimes make love to their wives with whistles blowing in moments of disappointment and ecstasy and on occasion with potential lovers a phone number written on the reverse of a red or yellow card and placed alluringly in their pockets - if women ever have such miniature clothing baggage - in the bars in which referees and average-looking-at-best mid-range moneygrabbers converge, my family is sometimes rubbish at being a family at times competing over who can make the perfect Meade in the next generation that's formed - my sister has a bloody fine son who i undoubtedly envy the round-faced construction of, twins aren't always alike and don't necessarily like each other just because they sometimes think and hate the same, and i'm rubbish too, not really getting points across and sometimes pretending i might mean something when there's likely not an iota of meaning inside me or around me.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The same team that wiped the floor with you Tuesday. 3-1 little seaweed, 3-1

The same team who have some of the best youngsters outside the Prem.

The same freebie reject who smashed in the third Tuesday and scored another beauty today agaisnt a top side.

The same freebie reject who Gus tried to keep by offering a 2 year contract.

Relegation tussle? Were looking at top half with an outside push at the play offs. 4 defeats in 31 home games, Fortress Selhurst. If anyone, it's your mob that should be worried about a 'tussle' Looks like the wheels are really coming off the Gus bus...

You're not very good at predictions are you Grimbo? You went for 6-0 before Tuesday :facepalm: :bigwave:

This :facepalm:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
They're rubbish, Gus is rubbish, linesmen are rubbish, dogs can't talk like they make out they can in their sleep, women don't love you like they say they will, there's probably a single hair in one of every ten cartons of microwaveable custard pints, when you grow old your fully-grown children might ship you off to a home sooner than you expected to be, you do actually mature to a point where your tatebuds at first don't mind broccoli so much and then do grow to like it, Alfred Hitchcock and Daphne Du Maurier got it right and birds do intend to attack us collectively at some point - i sniff a collaboration between the buzzard and the sparrow, the latter perching on each of the former's wings with little pistols to shoot us down with when the time is right and the otters have failed in their attempt, it's very difficult to make a bed in the same style as somebody else and have them truly satisfied when they climb in, some maniacs, often women, like a little dollop of butter in the middle of the toast and don't spread it to the very edges of the now very dry bread, not all of Michael Jackson's medical staff were completely on his side, the 20-minute adverts for skin-care or incredible bras that dominate inactive tv channels are more appealing than the brief ones on regular channels where only a fragment of the product you're meant to love is flashed, Helen Mirren isn't young and attractive any more just like we won't be even if we never were, golf is invariably a more pleasant background noise than horse racing with all that huffing and light whipping and crunches of broken legs and golf the lightest of distant applause and an old man whispering, some cops are good cops and where their badges guilt-free and their hats not entirely gaily, referees sometimes make love to their wives with whistles blowing in moments of disappointment and ecstasy and on occasion with potential lovers a phone number written on the reverse of a red or yellow card and placed alluringly in their pockets - if women ever have such miniature clothing baggage - in the bars in which referees and average-looking-at-best mid-range moneygrabbers converge, my family is sometimes rubbish at being a family at times competing over who can make the perfect Meade in the next generation that's formed - my sister has a bloody fine son who i undoubtedly envy the round-faced construction of, twins aren't always alike and don't necessarily like each other just because they sometimes think and hate the same, and i'm rubbish too, not really getting points across and sometimes pretending i might mean something when there's likely not an iota of meaning inside me or around me.

I won't have that... Gus is NOT rubbish, Helen Mirren IS attractive, and YOU are not rubbish MB! The rest is probably accurate'ish :thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

You been on the wacky baccy?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
No we aren't good enough to win the league or even possibly make play offs but then who at the start of the season thought we were? I remember most saying they would be happy with mid table..

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought we'd lose 4-0 today - it just felt like it was going to be one of those days, so 3-1 is not that bad and I'm pleased to see Vicente showing his class.

Realistically we have to think of this season as being part of a longer-term building project, laying the foundations for something bigger next year and the year after.

Of course we'd all love the euphoria of a play-off push but we all know this squad, for all its merits, is not at that level yet. We could be in the running, who knows ... but top half would suit me fine, as long as it's clear we're continuing to improve. And we will.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Depends what you want OP - Promotion!? lol. Not good enought for that. Good enough to compete week in week out in the Championship? Yes they are good enough and we have some real quality players, even at this level.

Precisely.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Gus will make changes and players will arrive in January I have no doubt. Maybe a loan or two before we get there.
I think if we see one loan in the coming weeks, we'll see four or five.

Poyets hates the loan market, and only got Lua Lua because he intends to sign him in January, but I think he's ready to give up on quite a few players, and will probably replace as many as he can with loanees.

I would also be very surprised, if one or two younguns are not suddenly called up to the senior squad soon. I think one or two players are going to have to run their bollocks off in training over the next two weeks, if they have any chance of playing in the first team again.

I have heard Gus is not a happy bunny. From what I hear, four or five players are fighting for the Brighton futures this month. Could be an interesting one......

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
The players are performing as well as they can. Ive no doubt about that. Fact is theyre just not good enought for this league!

Yes Just like Arsenal are not good enough for the premiership! Get a grip guys 5th in the championship in October! 5 games in 15 days think fatigue might be a contributing factor also!

No sitting there calculating permutations of how we can stay in the division or even the football league!

We have some poor players and they will get shaken out in time Greer has my vote for the first candidate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here