Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its a bitter pill to swallow but

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Correct!! Whislt i like some peoples positive attitude, with the current crop of "league 1" players, we'll see many more defeats than wins!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
This season is fine, just buy more pies, beer, shirts, but we need to make sure we all renew our season tickers.

Its simple maths really the more season tickets we buy, the better players Gus can bring in to improve the squad. What we can't have is people moaning about the quality and then not renewing their season tickets because of it. That's just plastic in my eyes.

Money does not grow on trees and TB does not have an endless pot of money. We need to our part too, you alredy know this. Clubs like Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea are just spoilt so the supporters and club can afford peoplr to not go because the people that run them just give them more money until the situation is sorted.

I would be very happy with mid table. I would be happy to stay in the Championship. I myself have been getting carried away with it and thoughts of actual promotion like lots of other people. But as Gus has stated may be, just may be some of the players are not up to it.

Last edited:

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
I think the players have just not performed as well as they can recently. Two of the three recent defeats were away so it's not that bad.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think the players have just not performed as well as they can recently. Two of the three recent defeats were away so it's not that bad.

The players are performing as well as they can. Ive no doubt about that. Fact is theyre just not good enought for this league!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Clearly we are not good enough to compete at the top end of this league, but all is not lost.

Hull at home, and Millwall away are both winnable,although it won't be easy.

Gus will make changes and players will arrive in January I have no doubt. Maybe a loan or two before we get there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Depends what you want OP - Promotion!? lol. Not good enought for that. Good enough to compete week in week out in the Championship? Yes they are good enough and we have some real quality players, even at this level.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This season is fine, just buy more pies, beer, shirts, but we need to make sure we all renew our season tickers.

Quite right! The way to Albion salvation is through increased pie consumption. I, for one, certainly intend to do my bit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But we all knew in our heart of hearts, that we are now up against some excellent teams who have been knocking on the door of the BIG BOYS,( reading, leicester, derby, west ham etc) and are established division 2 battlers like palace, doncaster, coventry etc) we have been swashing about in the 3rd and 4th division for many years now and we have to learn that the world does not owe us a favour by getting instant promotion.

we deserved to go up last year as we played the best football and won games where perhaps we shouldnt, BUT be under no illusions, Southampton were certainoly the better side in the last few games of the season and deserve their position now.

Lets hope Gus and tannio know where we are lacking and have the finances and oppertunities to fill the gaps. we have bought some exceptional players like Mac Smith and Vicente, Hoskins etc...but our main core ae stuggling and needs to be addressed

albionite

May 20, 2009
Typical NSC when we lose, all doom and gloom. Look at the games we won.....don't remember anyone saying we have league 1 players at best then.

We have just played Ipswich at the wrong time at their place. No need to panic just yet.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The players are performing as well as they can. Ive no doubt about that. Fact is theyre just not good enought for this league!

How is that a fact? Seriously, how? Only I'm looking at the league table and seeing we're doing ok. Yes, our recent performances have been shit. But form is temporary, class is permanent. Remember the team who THREE games ago played Liverpool off the park? Same players mate. Poor form yes. But not good enough for the league? Do me a favour.:facepalm:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We are 5th for christs sake, we've lost away at a team with a number of £5m+ players in there side, threw away a lead against an improving Leeds, and lost to an Ipswich side on form with a huge wage budget.

No panicking from me, i'm chuffed how well we've started (bar Palace).

No team will win every week in this league except perhaps Leicester, it's not like we're bottom 4 even.

Massive over-reaction on this board IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are 5th for christs sake, we've lost away at a team with a number of £5m+ players in there side, threw away a lead against an improving Leeds, and lost to an Ipswich side on form with a huge wage budget.

I dont think that many of them cost transfer fees. One who would have strengthend our defence didnt, Sonko a big no nonsene rock at the back. Greer is very good on the ground but offers no physical presence and is poor in the air. We will be like this until El Abdf is back or we sign another central defender

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Its simple maths really the more season tickets we buy, the better players Gus can bring in to improve the squad. What we can't have is people moaning about the quality and then not renewing their season tickets because of it. That's just plastic in my eyes.

Money does not grow on trees and TB does not have an endless pot of money. We need to our part too, you alredy know this. Clubs like Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea are just spoilt so the supporters and club can afford peoplr to not go because the people that run them just give them more money until the situation is sorted.

I would be very happy with mid table. I would be happy to stay in the Championship. I myself have been getting carried away with it and thoughts of actual promotion like lots of other people. But as Gus has stated may be, just may be some of the players are not up to it.

Post of the day! Ok we aren't looking too good at the moment, but that is no reason to lose faith in the club or stop supporting the team. We have been a hell of a lot worse than this. In fact now that Gus has pretty much laid his angry cards on the table I'm actually intrigued by what happens next. My expectations are now reset back to realistic after the euphoria of our start.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We are dropping to a mid table position which will be quite satisfactory for our first season in the Championship, if we can sign Bridges and a real play maker in midfield with experience in this division we should not have too many problems,its those who after a handful of matches were talking of promotion to the Premiership are causing unrest.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I dont think that many of them cost transfer fees. One who would have strengthend our defence didnt, Sonko a big no nonsene rock at the back. Greer is very good on the ground but offers no physical presence and is poor in the air. We will be like this until El Abdf is back or we sign another central defender

Doesn't matter they didn't cost huge fee's, but paying Bullard, Andrews, Chopra, Bowyer and Ellington shows they have a much larger budget than us.
It's not as if we've been taken apart by Donny or Barnsley (with all due respect).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Look on the bright side , we could support a really shit football team whose only notable signing over the summer was a freebie reject from their rivals and in all honesty surviving another relegation tussle is all they have to look forward to.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Correct!! Whislt i like some peoples positive attitude, with the current crop of "league 1" players, we'll see many more defeats than wins!

We may as well give up? Teams have worked out how to counter us,we have no plan B,that's that then,we're already down.

We have to work harder,a lot harder,think smarter and yet harder again,as individuals & collectively.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here