132.1 KB · Views: 115

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
That stuff does the job, oh yes!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My wife used to come and watch The Albion with me after we had our first 2 sons ans she used to drool over John Templeman.

Remember driving home after losing 2 - 1 in the cup at The Vetch Field Swansea and she thought that she was going into premature labour so told her to hold on so I could get over the Seven Bridge and our child could be born in England luckily it was a false alarm.

Remember the game vividly pouring with rain deep puddles everywhere and the Allchurch brothers, Len and Ivor ran us ragged.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
My wife used to come and watch The Albion with me after we had our first 2 sons ans she used to drool over John Templeman.

Remember driving home after losing 2 - 1 in the cup at The Vetch Field Swansea and she thought that she was going into premature labour so told her to hold on so I could get over the Seven Bridge and our child could be born in England luckily it was a false alarm.

Remember the game vividly pouring with rain deep puddles everywhere and the Allchurch brothers, Len and Ivor ran us ragged.

She'll like my avatar then?!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
29 coming up for me - at that first game it never even occurred to me I'd be still watching three decades later (in fact, that occurs to me after most games in the last couple of years!). Forty plus is a great effort, congratulations.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Nice to see Norman Wisdom as one of our Directors listed in the programme from that game! Last time I saw him was on the pitch before the Albania v England match!

My first game was 13.9.1975 so I have completed 33 years of watching the Albion. Roll on the next 33!

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 99

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great work Mr Hines. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now have you got any details of Albion v Huddersfield League Cup 1981? My first Albion game! Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
My 40th 'anniversary' was on September 4 last year. First game was a 2nd round League Cup home tie against Luton. We drew 1-1 but lost the replay 2-4. Hope history doesn't repeat itself in the coming weeks!

Team was:

Burns
Henderson
Gall
Templeman
J Napier
Turner
Wilkinson
Lawton
K Napier
Livesey
Flood

Attendance was over 15,000 - the second highest home gate of the season and the third highest home or away. The League Cup must have been more popular then!

I have no idea how much I paid to get in. I was 18 and, although I had been a supporter for 10 years, this was the first time I could afford to travel from Chichester and see a game!

I am looking forward to my 50th anniversary game at Falmer.

Good stuff Hiney.
Brian Tawse looking as prolific as ever.
I wonder if any of the firms advertising are still in existence? Brickwoods and Southdown Coaches are long gone; Sound City at the King Alfred Bowl, now that takes me back.
The suggested cross-country route to Bristol Rovers looks like it would taken all day in my dad's Ford Anglia. The directions don't actually lead to Eastville either, you end up on the A4 somewhere outside Bath looking for a sign to Bristol.
And who won the "Football Queen" contest at the Metropole?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
All I can recall is that my Dad took me for the first time to the Goldstone when I was 11 in the year of the Queen's Coronation which was 1953. It was the opening match of the 53/54 season but cannot remember who we were playing. Looks as if my Sixtieth year of support may just be at Falmer.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Congratulations!

I sat at the Huddersfield game next to a bloke who'd done 50 years,starting a season after me.

If we'd murdered somebody we'd have been released by now!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
All I can recall is that my Dad took me for the first time to the Goldstone when I was 11 in the year of the Queen's Coronation which was 1953. It was the opening match of the 53/54 season but cannot remember who we were playing. Looks as if my Sixtieth year of support may just be at Falmer.

I'v been reading this thread with great interest and thank you to those who bought so many memories flooding back......and Oldmans post got me to thinking when my first match was.
we were given tickets for an evening match by our school I was 13/14 years old and I am now 63 so it was 50 years ago approx so it would have been 1958/9 ish.
the game was somewhat oversubscribed as we had to climb in over the wall(with the permission of the stewards even though we had tickets for the south stand area) on the west side behind the side of the stand I am pretty sure we won the game (I will investigate) my mate went on to support Rotherham (his sister lived there) and has now passed on.
they were happy days in more ways than just football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here