Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Italy V England Final.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Not quite true. I have French friends contacting me saying they want us to win. In fact, one said we were going to win it, before the Scotland game.
The French are not very fond of the Italians.

really?

It's true,when it comes to football,they really don't like Italy
Even before the Zidane headbutt

But everyone I've spoken to since the semi finals want Italy to win
And that was to my face :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
really?

It's true,when it comes to football,they really don't like Italy
Even before the Zidane headbutt

But everyone I've spoken to since the semi finals want Italy to win
And that was to my face :lolol:

Yes really. Unprompted Facebook posts, Messenger and WhatsApp.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Why the sudden hatred!?

Oh it's certainly not hatred

Been here since 2006 and the vast majority are very friendly and have no problems with the English at all

But where sport is concerned it's a different matter

Especially rugby,Scotland,Ireland & Wales are all fine
But they will never cheer on England

I think it's just a healthy rivalry
As I've said,I've had no problems at all here,quite the contrary

But I still can't bring myself to cheer on the French
Well,maybe when they play Wales :lolol:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Im not supporting markists so its Italy for me and my mum is cooking me spagetti hoops for tea as a sign of solledarity

Regards

DF

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
71F9F18D-AA8A-4528-B68F-308550248A87.jpeg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Love England and was a Wembley regular for years, so sad to see the string of stories in the Guardian following the seminwin of appalling behaviour by England 'fans' all bearing the St Georges cross behaving abhorrently towards particularly female and children Danish fans which leaves a very sour taste in the mouth but nonetheless GSouth and the boys will already go down in history as the finest group of England players on and off the pitch since 1966, in a sense whatever the result we've already won

Let's go England, let's go!

You can do it!!!

:clap:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Like many, I’ve been waiting decades to be at this moment - on the brink of enjoying football glory for England after so much disappointment.
Two weeks ago my best friend took his own life and I’ve been sobbing my way through most of the days since, causing me to miss the joy the last 3 England wins would’ve brought me, as rightfully my selfish life literally gets thrown into perspective.

My friend didn’t follow football much, but he was always pleased for Albion to do well, and got involved when the tournaments came along to support England.
So - selfishly - if there’s a hope for a boost of joy in my life right now, he’ll be smiling down on us to bring it home. And I’ll raise many a glass to him and enjoy the moment that I know he’d so want me to. XxX

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I know it would be gut wrenching if we lose. But we’ve done alright with this bunch of kids. Still think we’ll edge it 2-1.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Love England and was a Wembley regular for years, so sad to see the string of stories in the Guardian following the seminwin of appalling behaviour by England 'fans' all bearing the St Georges cross behaving abhorrently towards particularly female and children Danish fans which leaves a very sour taste in the mouth but nonetheless GSouth and the boys will already go down in history as the finest group of England players on and off the pitch since 1966, in a sense whatever the result we've already won

Let's go England, let's go!

You can do it!!!

:clap:

Was about to reply that I hadn't seen any of these stories, but then saw whose account it was.. :)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just read a dozen or so pages on Roma`s main forum , they are really disgusted at the penalty ( quite rightly imho , should have been overruled ) . Some suggest it will gee them up and some say their lads are better at diving than ours , so we may get pay back .

Just had a look off the back of your post. Not much love from many, haha. Some calling us a nation of football thugs and racists... Coming from Italians that's a bit bloody rich on both fronts (perhaps not violence at an international level but certainly domestically) ...!

It is a real shame we were ever given the vote on bloody Brexit. I'm sure in the same situation most other EU nations would have had a similar outcome percentage wise in/out

Total misunderstanding of 'It's coming home' from many, too. They really don't seem like that!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
All the hype is getting boring.. I will be glad when it is over....
The t v and print media have gone potty They keep referring to 1966, but need to be reminded that was the World Cup , not just Europe. Argentina beat Brazil in the South American Championship.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All the hype is getting boring.. I will be glad when it is over....
The t v and print media have gone potty They keep referring to 1966, but need to be reminded that was the World Cup , not just Europe. Argentina beat Brazil in the South American Championship.

Seeing as the World Cup hasn’t been won by a non-European team since 2002, in fact the last 4 finals have been all Europe, I’d say that winning the Euros is just as big a deal as the WC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here